Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release process to Production ENV.

AnthonyMullen
Level 4

Hi all,

I would appreciate help on details below please:

I am releasing a process from UAT env to PROD.

This is the first time I have completed this in PROD and I am following a process from my predecessor from 2 years ago. I would like to confirm that this is correct process to release or if I am missing any steps.

The current release process is as follows:

1. Create and test process in UAT.

2. Click on File > Export > New Release

3. Click on "Create an adhoc package for this release" and then click on "Next"

4. Drag the Process/Business object containing the code changes to the right and click on next.

5. Save the release file.

6. In PROD File > Import > import new release file.

7. Test manually in Process studio.

8. In process right click and publish to control room.

9. New process is now available to be scheduled in Production env.

Please let me know if I am missing anything or point me to correct docs for releasing to production. 

Thanks to everyone for help.

Kind regards

Anthony

------------------------------
Anthony Mullen
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Anthony Mullen ,

Rather than creating an adhoc package, I would prefer to create a package in release manager and then create a release from the package. This practice helps in tracking how many times you have deployed the bot in production from UAT. Rest of the process seems fine. I am assuming that as a part of due diligence in your organization, you must be creating a service now ticket or jira ticket for tracking from business perspective

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte
*If you find this post helpful mark it as Best Answer

Hi

Thanks so much for advise on this

Kind regards

Anthony Mullen

Walter.Koller
Level 11

As Manpreet Kaur already mentioned, it would be better to define a new release package and reuse it whenever there are changes to be released.

Additionally I would suggest to publish the proces already in earlier environments and don't touch the process in production. We removed all modify permissions from our production environment and all changes have to go through the life-cycle. This way we are absolutely sure all environments have the same versions and modifications.

Also, I cannot think of any reason why not to publish the process already in development environment. 

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Digital / Erste Group Bank
Europe/Vienna

+1

Just for backup purposes, I would also recommend saving a BP release package file with a date stamp or a version number to a folder in a drive.

In case something goes wrong you would have a release file for UAT and Prod.

Similarly, before pushing a new release to prod it would be good to have a BP release saved from both environments before taking action, this way if something goes wrong you can at least revert your changes and notify the involved parties for the same.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead