cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Microsoft Information Protection Labels (aka Sensitivity Labels) in Outlook VBO.

ewilson
Staff
Staff

All,

Version 10.4.3 of the Microsoft Outlook VBO was released on Friday Oct 4th. This version introduces support for Microsoft Information Protection Labels (aka Sensitivity Labels). You can find the latest VBO on the DX at the following link. Refer to the user guide for details of using the new feature.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/ms-outlook-vbo 

Cheers,
Eric

5 REPLIES 5

Neel1
MVP

hello @ewilson 

this is the parameter which need to fill? From where we will get this value?

Neel1_0-1728368870529.png

is there a need to update in Graph API VBO as well?

Can you also get the release note updated and in guide it is mentioned as v 10.3.5 not 10.3.4 

Neel1_1-1728369003076.png

Hi @Neel1 

There are two options, at the moment, for getting a list of available Sensitivity Labels. 

1. Speak with your IT organization about getting the list of GUIDs associated with the labels for Outlook.
  2. Check the Microsoft Information Protection Labels connector available on the DX. This was an earlier attempt at working with Sensitivity Labels, but it only works with documents. It exposes an action for getting a list of configured labels and their attributes though. However, this MIP is security related, there are several input values you'll need to pass in which you'll probably have to get from your IT folks.

Yes, the Graph API connectors will need to be update too. The problem with that is Microsoft hasn't actually released support for Sensitivity Labels in the GA version of the Graph API. Thay do have actions for it in the beta release, but they've been in beta for more than a year now. Not sure why they haven't released them to GA.

Documentation has been fixed.

Cheers,
Eric

Hi @ewilson 

Thankyou for providing this functionality. I have been able to test these actions successfully with Outlook 2016. But when testing with Outlook 365 I seem to only encounter an error with the "Send Email" action. 

jd3371_0-1728429793890.png

The email is saved in the drafts (so mail.Savefunction has been executed) however the mail.Send function encounters the error I suppose. Is this VBO compatible with Outlook 365 or am I missing a configuration setting somewhere for 365 (I have checked the Programmatic Access - which is also in the screenshot above).

I have tested some of the other actions in the VBO (i.e. Get Received Items) and those don't encounter any errors.

Any advice would much be appreciated.

Thanks Jordan

Hello @jd3371 

Yes, this VBO works with Outlook 365 too. What specific version of the Outlook client are you using? This is what I have:

ewilson_0-1728519755648.png

Cheers,
Eric

jd3371
Level 2

Hi Eric

We are on version Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2407 Build 16.0.17830.20210) 64-bit. 

However I was able to get passed this issue by getting our IT team to enable the Office Setting (Security > Security Form Settings) "Configure Outlook object model prompt when sending mail (user)" policy as "Automatically Approve".

Thanks