cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read Outlook Inbox

GavinRudling
Level 7
Good Day, I have a requirement to read the content of an outlook Inbox. Searching for a specific Subject.
I have tried various VBO's and get similar results. The VBO configurations seem pretty simple enough and I am starting to think that the issue may be something else. The code seems to run through end to end, but I never get an output result in the output collection. I have tried the standard  MS Outlook Email VBO that is provided with Blue Prism and the MS Outlook VBO from the NEOOPS connector in DX.
Please let me know if I have forgotten a configuration out somewhere. Much Appreciated.

------------------------------
Gavin Rudling
Digital Consultant & Developer
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg
8 REPLIES 8

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @GavinRudling,

Which action are you using the BP Outlook VBO to interrogate the Inbox? Also, which version of Blue Prism are you using? Can you also post the Filter Expression you're using?

Cheers,
Eric​

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

FWIW - Here are examples of a straight Subject filter and a DASL filter on Subject to perform a SQL Like comparison:

"[Subject] = 'Booyah!'"

or 

"@SQL=" & Chr(34) & "urn:schemas:httpmail:subject" & Chr(34) & " like '%Booyah%'"

In both cases my Inbox is searched for emails with a Subject containing "Booyah". The difference is the first filter criteria will only return emails where the subject is precisely "Booyah!" whereas the second criteria will return emails with subjects that contain "Booyah" which could include "This is a Booyah moment!".

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your speedy response.

The below scenario is using the NEOOPS VBO obtained from the Portal DX.

I have tried with removing all the filters, i.e.  No specific Subjects as well. Same result.

I am currently testing on BP 6.6

Note: All other functionality seems to be working fine, as indicated below.

Kind Regards

Gavin

8505.png

8506.png

8507.png

Gavin Rudling
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg

Hi Gavin,

I just tested with the NEOOPS VBO and it works for me too, albeit a bit slower than the Blue Prism VBO (running against an Inbox with over 7000 pieces of mail). They haven't updated that VBO since Feb of 2019, so I'm pretty sure you and I are both using the exact same VBO version.
8508.png
8509.png
8510.png
8511.png

Have you tried restarting your BP and Outlook instances just to see if it's one of those odd Windows-ism's?

FWIW - The filter examples I provided above are based on using the Get Received Items (Advanced) action of the BP Outlook VBO.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Thank you kindly sir for the feedback.
I will investigate further to see if it could not be a local email account issue/policy setting.
Thanks again for your time and effort.

Regards
Gavin

Gavin Rudling
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg

Hi, Gavin,

it definitely works. A stupid question - do you have your output tab for the action configured?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdenek, Yes I do have the output configured to an email collection.
I suspect a problem with my email account as I get the exact result using the Blue Prism supplied MS Outlook Email VBO.
All other functions are working, such as sending, and even getting a list of all linked accounts etc.
As I say the code runs through, no exceptions, just no result either on reading the inbox content.

I will test with a colleague tomorrow to prove the email account or maybe a company policy.

Kind Regards
Gavin

Gavin Rudling
Cog3nt
Africa/Johannesburg

Hi Gavin,

Same issue even I am facing , do let me know , if you are able to solve for it , might help me too..
Also I support your theory of company policy.

Kind Regards

Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma
Senior Software Engg
Mercer
Asia/Kolkata