cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users who can be retrieved using MS Graph API and what are the ways to achieve it...

ShivaniChandras
Level 3
Hi all,

I've faced a situation where I need to fetch the user details of the users, who might have different mail ID's like @gmail.com or @outlook.com, etc., using MS Graph API.

Here I'm using User's email ID as a input to fetch the entire user details, and I'm not able to get the user details apart from my organization mail ID. For example, if my ID is abc@gmail.com, then I'm able to retrieve only users with Gmail ID and not able to fetch other ID's like @outlook.com or @yahoo.com.

Now I need clarifications on 2 things....

1. If we can pass any other parameter, other than email ID, as a input to fetch the user details using MS graph API.
  2. How to get the user details other than my organization mail ID, i.e., Is it possible... or if any excess permissions in Azure, are required to fetch such user details...

Any help would be appreciated....

​​​​

------------------------------
Shivani Chandrasekar
2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @ShivaniChandras,

The MS Graph API is a RESTful interface into your organizations Azure environment. In other words, the only email ID's you'll be able to see are those that are defined within your organization and it's Active Directory (either Azure Active Directory or Azure AD w/ Domain Services).

Are the other accounts you're interested in configured as Guest accounts in your Active Directory?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson,

Thanks for your answer. I was able to get such non-organizational Users details with certain filter queries.

Achieved the expected results.

Thanks.​​

Shivani Chandrasekar