cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Itext 7 library in Blue Prism

RaghavGupta
Level 4
Does anyone know how can we get a Itext 7 working in BluePrism and what are the steps that need to be followed. I downloaded the Itext 7 from Github as a zip but it doesn't have the dlls which needs to be inserted for the code stage. I want to use Itext 7 because it can do PDF operations.

------------------------------
Raghav Gupta
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hey Sergei,

The page you are seeing has a few tabs on top. If you click on on DX Asset search you will see the all assets related to the search result.
7283.png
With that being said, the DX PDF asset Raúl is referring to is at https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/pdf-management. The only abilities it offers is to split and merge PDF documents. There is another asset available is https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/google-cloud-service---pdftiff-tex. This one uses Google Intelligent Services to extract text from a PDF or TIFF file.

Regards.

Madhur Chopra
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism - Professional Services
America/Los_Angeles

View answer in original post

22 REPLIES 22

RaúlHernández
Level 5

Hi, Raghav.

You can download it from Blue Prims Digital Exchange.

There is an asset from SRI that contains actions to work with PDF, including the DLL required.

Raúl Antonio Hernández Mojica Robotic Process Automation Developer Millicom International Cellular S.A. Campus Tigo _ Level 5 _ Vía del Corso _ Zaragoza La Libertad _ El Salvador

------Original Message------

Does anyone know how can we get a Itext 7 working in BluePrism and what are the steps that need to be followed. I downloaded the Itext 7 from Github as a zip but it doesn't have the dlls which needs to be inserted for the code stage. I want to use Itext 7 because it can do PDF operations.

Raghav Gupta

Hello Raul,

I can't access that asset from SRI. I am not able to download it. I think it is accessible only to some users.

Raghav Gupta

Can you check if you are logged In into Digital Exchange?

Raúl Antonio Hernández Mojica Robotic Process Automation Developer Millicom International Cellular S.A. Campus Tigo _ Level 5 _ Vía del Corso _ Zaragoza La Libertad _ El Salvador

Hello Raul,

I can't access that asset from SRI. I am not able to download it. I think it is accessible only to some users.

Raghav Gupta

Yes, I am logged into it. I am attaching the screenshot of what I get after trying to download - 
7245.png 
7246.png

Raghav Gupta

That's easy.

Create a ticket to receive technical help in order to have access to that material.

Blue Prism Global Customer Support support@blueprism.com

Best Regards

Yes, I am logged into it. I am attaching the screenshot of what I get after trying to download - 
7248.png 
7249.png

Raghav Gupta

Thanks, raised a ticket.

Raghav Gupta

May be off the topic
+++++++++++++++++++

Normally, You may encounter such issues if you are loggedin using your personal email. Try to login using your org email id to unlock many features.

Vivek Goel
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

Good afternoon!

Could you tell me what you mean by this abbreviation?

Because when I search on Digital Exchange, I find only this:

7257.jpg

Sergei Evdokimov

Layout has changed. Earlier I used to get it easily. Yes I am also getting the above image on search now. Maybe you can raise a support ticket.

Raghav Gupta