cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Itext 7 library in Blue Prism

RaghavGupta
Level 4
Does anyone know how can we get a Itext 7 working in BluePrism and what are the steps that need to be followed. I downloaded the Itext 7 from Github as a zip but it doesn't have the dlls which needs to be inserted for the code stage. I want to use Itext 7 because it can do PDF operations.

------------------------------
Raghav Gupta
22 REPLIES 22

Thanks for your reply! Because I thought that I was not looking correctly 🙂

Sergei Evdokimov

It is even mentioned on blue prism news - https://www.blueprism.com/news/blue-prisms-digital-exchange-dx-establishes-thriving-community-for-delivering-new-intelligent-automation-capabilities/ however unable to find actual VBO anywhere.

Mayank Goyal

Raghav Gupta - Kindly let us know once your ticket is resolved with support team and you get a working link from them, we will use the same to download the VBO.​

Mayank Goyal

Good afternoon.
Thanks for this link.
I will write a support ticket and according to the results I will write.

Sergei Evdokimov

Hey Sergei,

The page you are seeing has a few tabs on top. If you click on on DX Asset search you will see the all assets related to the search result.
7283.png
With that being said, the DX PDF asset Raúl is referring to is at https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/pdf-management. The only abilities it offers is to split and merge PDF documents. There is another asset available is https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/google-cloud-service---pdftiff-tex. This one uses Google Intelligent Services to extract text from a PDF or TIFF file.

Regards.

Madhur Chopra
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism - Professional Services
America/Los_Angeles

Thanks for your reply.
I, like other members of the topic, were looking for activity based on the iTEXT library.
But the link "Link to Asset" in this activity is not clickable. Maybe it's just me.

Sergei Evdokimov

Good afternoon. I received a response from support:

"Thank you for contacting DX Support. SRI Infotech is a TAP partner of ours but due to an issue with the asset, it has been removed from the site. There is work being done and we hope it will be back up on the DX shortly. SRI will be doing any submitting, so I do not have any insight on the progress or date expected to upload. "

Sergei Evdokimov

Hey ​Sergei,

Are you still unable to click on the "Link to Asset" link and is this happening for all search results? Please let us know so we can investigate the issue and get is resolved.

Regards.

Madhur Chopra
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism - Professional Services
America/Los_Angeles

@Sergei Evdokimov ​- Were you able to find this VBO, for one of my problem statements I have to read full text from PDF and also convert all pages of PDF to image.

Mayank Goyal

@ewilson - Hello Eric, are you aware of any standard VBO from BP which can perform common operations like read entire data or search text or convert pdf to image etc. If not is there a way to get one standard Utility- PDF VBO from BP ​​

Mayank Goyal