cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Itext 7 library in Blue Prism

RaghavGupta
Level 4
Does anyone know how can we get a Itext 7 working in BluePrism and what are the steps that need to be followed. I downloaded the Itext 7 from Github as a zip but it doesn't have the dlls which needs to be inserted for the code stage. I want to use Itext 7 because it can do PDF operations.

------------------------------
Raghav Gupta
22 REPLIES 22

@Mayank Goyal,

There are a few PDF handling VBOs available on the DX. The only ones from Blue Prism either only touch certain aspects of working with PDFs (ex. merge/extract) or they leverage a cloud service like Textract.

There are also some partners solutions for PDF on the DX, but it looks like they all are fee-based.

The problem with PDF is there are no good/viable open source libraries available anymore, and very few people are interested in building one from scratch. iTextSharp use to be a great option until they changed the licensing on it.​

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

@ewilson - Thanks for your response. I was not aware that iText is licensed now. I thought the previous versions of it are still free versions to use. from Nuget and all we need is a DLL to but in BP folder with code based VBO.

However I still feel there should be one standard VBO for Adobe Acrobat DC doing most of the common actions as it provides Interop.
We can consider it same way like excel VBO - it needs excel software but once that software is there on machine works good with Interop.

A similar VBO for acrobat DC might be useful, it will be users responsibility to install Acrobat DC but once its there, VBO should work like excel one.

Mayank Goyal

@ewilson - I have also submitted this as a idea on portal, not sure if that helps to prioritize some of the new stuff and innovations on blue prism -

https://community.blueprism.com/get-involved/ideas/viewidea?IdeationKey=1b5088a9-991d-441d-955d-6b153fdce95d ​

Mayank Goyal