cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spied elements UI or AA working in debug but in runtime resource not

Ndauti
Level 2

Hello all,

I am trying to work with an application.

When I test the process in debug it works with no issues.

If I let the process run in Runtime resource it is not able to recognize all elements. 

In this case it is a Tab that can be identified wit  UI or AA , in the screenshots it shows the attributes. 

Have you ever faced a similar issue?

Thank you in advance

Ndauti_0-1725482340109.png

Ndauti_1-1725482375126.png

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

david.l.morris
Level 14

This sounds like a speed of execution issue. It's common for debug mode to not show any issues with this because it will always be slower than running from Control Room. Do you have conditional wait stages before each interaction with the user interface? A quick way to identify whether it is a speed issue is to just toss in some arbitrary wait stages with some number of seconds like 10 or more or whatever it takes. If the issues go away and it works on the Runtime Resource in Control Room, then you know you need conditional waits in order to wait for screen state changes before continuing with each step.

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

david.l.morris
Level 14

This sounds like a speed of execution issue. It's common for debug mode to not show any issues with this because it will always be slower than running from Control Room. Do you have conditional wait stages before each interaction with the user interface? A quick way to identify whether it is a speed issue is to just toss in some arbitrary wait stages with some number of seconds like 10 or more or whatever it takes. If the issues go away and it works on the Runtime Resource in Control Room, then you know you need conditional waits in order to wait for screen state changes before continuing with each step.

expertcr
Staff
Staff

It is possible the BluePrism.MessagingHost is not running.

Please check the following KB Article https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000083704

@expertcr Why would the messaging host help for using UIA/AA?

Blue Prism uses a native messaging host application to communicate with the browser extension. When a browser is launched from Blue Prism, a native messaging host application is started behind the scenes that listens for any incoming messages from Blue Prism and sends them to the browser extension.

For Browser Mode, we don't use the Blue Prism extension.

For more information check the Online Help 

Take a look at the following KB Article "What are the key considerations when working with Modern Browser Automations on BP version 7.X?", has a good recommendation on how to check each element of the communication with Blue Prism and the browser, this way help to avoid issues.

@expertcr  Right, but the OP is referring to UIA/AA, not browser mode.

Ok, I just added the clarification that the Messaging host is not used when using Browser mode.

However, the Messaging host is required to work to communicate and spy and detect elements in the browser.

@expertcr The OP's original post doesn't mention anything about a browser. I understand that you're just attempting to help them, but these suggestions about looking into messaging host, browser mode, and the extension are unrelated to their post. Their post mentions only UIA mode and AA mode. Both of these do not use the native messaging host.

Another issue with simply pointing people to make sure that the native messaging host is running is that this is only a feature in v7 of Blue Prism, and we have no idea what version OP is using.

I could understand if you're thinking the OP is automating a browser and just using UIA/AA, but the fact that they are using AA at all implies that they are not using a modern browser at least because AA isn't one of the available spy modes (at least by default).

I believe none of our messages in reply in this thread are helpful to the original post except for the very first one where I mentioned speed of execution because that is most likely the OP's issue. I would just let this go, but I want to make sure we're leaving correct information in these posts to help people.