cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bp Server Configuration

sravyachintham
Level 4
Hi 
 This is sravya. Recently I have downloaded Bp version 7. Now all my processes are not available in version 7. Now I am trying to configure my Blue prism server in my ways. But I am not able to connect or start the Blue Prism server. It is showing error when I started from local services. It has been waiting forever when I started from the Blue prism server configuration. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Regards,
Sravya
507.png

------------------------------
sravya chintham
14 REPLIES 14

expertcr
Staff
Staff
We will need more details to review your case
  • See the details of this connection (see image attached), and try using .net for the connection mode.
398.png

• Using the Blue Prism IC, can you connect to the database directly with no problems?
399.png

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

Hi

Thank you for the reply. I have tried everything the way you said, but I am not getting results. I am not able to start the server. Please check the images that I have attached below.
401.pngPlease check that i have used .net connection
402.png Still I am not able to start the server
403.png
Regards,
Sravya.

sravya chintham

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff

Hi Sravya,

What you have shared above is absolutely normal for a Blue Prism Server service. In fact, all signs lead me to believe the service had successfully started. Scheduler is meant to wait forever to for any tasks it may need to kick off.  Would you mind sharing why you were not be able to start the server?

Also, for an interactive client to connect to an App Server, you must specify 'Blue Prism Server' under Connection Type, as opposed to a direct SQL Server database connection.

408.png

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Sravya,

in services.msc change the logon settings and give your credentials instead of local system. It will work. your configurations from the snapshots looks fine

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to change the logon as local to the administrator. After that also I am not able to start the server. 

Please check the screenshots below. I have tried giving credentials as my local computer password and also Blue prism Password. Either way it is not working. Please help me what kind of credentials, I need to give in logon settings.
419.png

I have tried giving as administrator and also My mail id too. It is not working in either way. Please help me with the issue.

Regards,
Sravya

sravya chintham

Sravya,

you need to give Domain/Username and password giving ./ wont help

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

Hi Sravya,

To get the DB connection to work for your App Server connection, you essentiall have two options:

• Using Windows Authentication. In which case, you set your Blue Prism connection type to "SQL Server (Windows Authentication). You do not need to specify any SQL credential there, instead, you must configure your "Blue Prism Server" service to use a account that has the right permission to the Blue Prism database. In an Enterprise environment, this is usually a domain service account.
  • Using SQL Server Login. In which case, you set your Blue Prism connection type to "SQL Server (SQL Authentication), and specify a SQL credential that has the right permission to the Blue Prism database. You can leave your "Blue Prism Server" service to use Local System.
For detailed permissions required by a Blue Prism database, for example, v6, please see the article here.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Sravya,

As Bruce mentioned earlier, the screenshot you provided for the bpserver.exe application indicates the bp server started successfully.

Is the issue that you are having connecting to the bp server from an interactive client? If this is the case please ensure that the connection configuration on the IC is set to Connection Type: Blue Prism server and the connection mode also matches what was configured on the bpserver default configuration.
446.png
If the issue is with the Blue Prism Server windows service itself, please ensure the account you configure the service with has the appropriate rights on the database instance as well as logon as a service rights on the application server itself.

Ryan Andrews
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism
Australia/Brisbane

Hi Ryan,

As you mentioned earlier, I am facing issue in services. Seems like I need to change logon services, but I am not able to do that. 
Please help me to resolve the issue. I am not able to find the solution for this. I am not able to practice Blue Prism in my PC. 

Regards,
Sravya.

sravya chintham