cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing exception in MS outlook email VBO Get received item?

JamunaT
Level 4
Hi, 

I need to download the attachment from outlook today mails , For that I have used get received item Basic action , I need to know what are the input must have to give in input field , I just tried input filed with  Subject  i.e [item.Subject]&Today() and Include unread  True .
while running the script got exception like
Internal: Could not execute code stage because
exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX Component.
Can anyone guide me please how to save attachments  from the today mails Thanks.

------------------------------
Jamuna T
RPA developer
Changepond Technology
chennai
12 REPLIES 12

Do you use blue prism with AD? Active Directory? If so, perhaps a solution would be to ask your IT team to place the user you are trying to run in a group with administrator permissions, just for controlled testing

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Hi Jamuna

I've seen this error before and it was caused by having the outlook application open while also trying to run the outlook actions in blueprism. Make sure you have closed all open instances of outlook in the task manager before you run your process. Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Thanks for the response @Emerson Ferreira, Yeah I have opened BP with Active directory only from the remote machine & as per your suggestion informed to IT for administrator permissions .lets see.
Now I am trying to run the BP with my local machine by using the Get received Items (basic) action. In the local machine , didn't get active x component issue but I cannot able to read the mail and also didn't get any exception while running even tried the outlook with opened & closed.
I am not sure about input field which I am passing correctly in get received item action , kindly guide me how to give the input properly &  what are the input must have to give in input field to get today received mail with particular subject & mail id.  I have attached screenshot which I tried below kindly refer and guide me please. Thanks.

1304.png
1305.png

Jamuna T
RPA developer
Changepond Technology
chennai