cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error while reading text using "Read text with OCR"

NiteshMishra
Level 3
Hello Team, I am getting an error while reading a PDF field using "Read text with OCR". The error message is "Internal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Read Stage 'read name' on page 'Action 1' - Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'TESSDATA_PREFIX'  Key being added: 'TESSDATA_PREFIX'" Please see attached sreenshot.  
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Google suggests it has something to do with the way tesseract data folder is set up?

NiteshMishra
Level 3
Hello John, Thanks for you reply! I am completely new to BP, appreciate if you could let me know the folder set-up, if at all required?  

DanielManicad
Level 2
Anyone managed to resolve this?  We are doing a V6 upgade now and all processes using OCR is now not working under the V6 environment, and with this same error message.   Thank you.

DanielManicad
Level 2
Just an update.  We manage to get this solved by rebuilding  the fonts in BP.

JohnJaster
Level 2
I just solved this problem, Blue Prism 6.3 with Tesseract 3.02 In Windows environment variables I had an environment variable named TESSDATA_PREFIX that pointed to the Blue Prism Tesseract directory.  Apparently this conflicts with Blue Prism so I eliminated the environment var and then restarted Blue Prism.  After that it worked. To delete environment var: Control Panel , System, Advanced System Settings, Environment Variables button,  Look in the lower list (System Variables) find TESSDATA_PREFIX and click Delete.