cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read Data from Workqueue and Update on MainFrame

BlueprismStuden
Level 2
Dear all,

New to BP .Can anyone tell me How to Read Data from workqueue and Update on MainFrame system .

Thanks in advance

Regards,
BP Student

------------------------------
Blueprism Student
3 REPLIES 3

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi BP Student.

Welcome to Blue Prism. Have you looked into the training available on our LMS? There is a course on mainframe automation (Blue Prism) that you can take. There are also courses on using a work queue. I suggest you take a look at the foundation training (Blue Prism).

We have lots of documentation about accessing the mainframe. Do you have the specifics on what terminal emulator you are using? Take a look at our documents to see if this helps: Documents | Blue Prism Portal  (You need to log into the portal in order to access the info).

Once you have a basic understanding of using the technology, it will be easier to help you on this journey, if you haven't resolved it yourself.

Good luck.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

I'm putting some very high-level steps for you to achieve this,

1.Load data to Blue Prism work queue.
2.Retrieve data from Blue Prism work queue in form of collection.
3.Start and navigate your mainframe application to the desired location.
4.Update your data using that collection to your target mainframe application.

For this, you'll have to go through the guides and training that Jack suggested in-depth.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

EVIPUTI
MVP
There are many good courses on our university which you should go through . Personally I have learned Mainframe myself watching this video if that helps 🙂 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLFwvzgZtiY

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------