Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🎓Teach Michael: Business Objects (VBOs) you can't work without

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Howdy everyone!

I've now fully developed 2 automations using Blue Prism, and I have to say I'm hooked. One was a very simple tool where I built a Business Object (BO) to read a website and extract the latest submissions to an Excel sheet. The other took Purchase Orders and input them into an online finance management tool.

Both of these projects made use of VBOs available on our Digital Exchange, which has over 1700 VBOs ready for you to use. That's a lot of functionality to browse through though - so I'd like to ask...

What are the VBOs from the Digital Exchange that you couldn't work without?

I'd love to hear about the VBOs you use everyday, the objects that have come to your rescue when nothing else was working, and even BOs you've built yourself to solve a particularly niche use case. I'd love to give them a try!

As always, the advice you share here will be added to our "Community Tips for Beginners" thread to help newcomers get started in the world of automation!

Thanks in advance community, I couldn't have gotten this far without you 💙

Michael

------------------------------
💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

16 REPLIES 16

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that, after speaking to the Digital Exchange (DX) team, we've decided to add your suggestions to a "Getting Started" category on the DX.

You can find all of our community recommended VBOs grouped together in the Getting Started category here.

💙 Michael

Hi Michael,

I really liked the link you have shared. I was behind DX team from long back to have all the go to VBOs in one click. Thanks for making it happen.

Just a suggestion make sure to add Graph API VBOs also here. Now a days it must be required.

@Michael Shillingford, one more question, if we navigate to DX directly, how do we apply that filter there or need to bookmark this link?

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz

Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Thank you so much Michael for bringing up all the VBO's under one filter this eliminates the struggle of finding latest version of Utilities appreciate your help.

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

Thanks for sharing this links Michael. 

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

@Michael Shillingford, one more question, if we navigate to DX directly, how do we apply that filter there or need to bookmark this link?"

Sadly there's no current way to set the filter manually, you'll need to use this link: 

Click here

💙 Michael

Exactly I was also going to ask this.... may be we can get a tab added on the top menu bar itself on the DX portal.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

Hi all!

Our DX team has now added the Graph API VBOs to an updated link which contains all your recommendations to get started + the Graph API VBOs.

We have passed along your feedback to make these available from a menu item, and we'll keep you posted as the experience evolves to make it easier to access this "essentials" VBO pack.

Have a great week everyone,

Alizée L.
Senior Customer Success Manager
SS&C Blue Prism
Alizée L.
Senior Customer Success Manager