cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Blue Prism

MuralidharanMut
Level 2
Dear Team,

I am unable to install Blue Prism, while providing blue prism login credential it shows wrong username and password but i can able to login portal by using the same credential, please find the below screenshot for your reference.

527.png

------------------------------
Muralidharan Muthukathan
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Vaishali, 

Firstly, please note, that the credentials you use to login to the Blue Prism portal (www.portal.blueprism.com) and the instance of Blue Prism that you are trying to login to are not connected in any way. The credentials you need to login to the Blue Prism instance (be it on your local machine or connecting to an App Server) needs to be created by the administrator of Blue Prism in your organisation. If its just the Learning Edition that you are installing on your local machine, then you are the administrator and the login instructions should have been sent to you as part of the software package. Alternatively, if you are connecting to an Enterprise Edition of Blue Prism installed on an Application Server, then you need to reach out to your local administrator so that they can create your user credentials or add you to the relevant AD group. 

I hope that helps. 

Usman Azim
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Usman Azim Professional Services Blue Prism

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Muralidharan,

You may have installed a BP Learning Edition previously and in turn upgraded to either the Enterprise Edition or Trial Edition. This is evident due to the presence of localDB which is a feature of Leaning Edition. Please note that there is no upgrade path from the former to the latter. You may wish to reinstall the Learning Edition in order to export the assets you have kept there before uninstalling it completely. When it comes to Enterprise Edition or Trial Edition, you must start a new BP database on an instance of Microsoft SQL Server, be it SQL Server Express, Developer, Standard or Enterprise, whichever suits your situation.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

vaishalisakarik
Level 3
Hi Team,

Even I am facing the same problem. I am unable to install Blue Prism while providing blue prism login credentials it shows the wrong username and password but I can not log in to the portal by using the same credential. Is there any option I can reset the user name and password?

Vaishali S

vaishali sakarikar

Hi Vaishali, 

Firstly, please note, that the credentials you use to login to the Blue Prism portal (www.portal.blueprism.com) and the instance of Blue Prism that you are trying to login to are not connected in any way. The credentials you need to login to the Blue Prism instance (be it on your local machine or connecting to an App Server) needs to be created by the administrator of Blue Prism in your organisation. If its just the Learning Edition that you are installing on your local machine, then you are the administrator and the login instructions should have been sent to you as part of the software package. Alternatively, if you are connecting to an Enterprise Edition of Blue Prism installed on an Application Server, then you need to reach out to your local administrator so that they can create your user credentials or add you to the relevant AD group. 

I hope that helps. 

Usman Azim
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Usman,

Thank you for your help, I have successfully installed Blue Prism. I am new to RPA Blue prism and preparing for  AD01 certification. 
If you can help me how can I prepare for the certification? Which study material I can refer to?

Thank you,
Vaishali

vaishali sakarikar

Hi Vishali, 

The best way to prepare for any of the Blue Prism certifications is to follow the training paths described on the Blue Prism University portal. The developer certification path contains all the courses required to be completed as a minimum. 

Details of all the certifications and requirements is available here

Good luck!

Usman Azim
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Usman,

Thank you for the reply and for the information.

Best regards,
Vaishali

vaishali sakarikar