cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Downloading API calls

MarcusAllen
Level 4
Hello fellow Blue Prism community,

I am very new to Blue Prism and currently working with 6.6 and trying to work with the Web API component of the product. I am running into a problem that I was able to make work in postman. But trying to replicate in BP. It is an API call that will download a pdf. But for some reason in BP it is returning a HTTP Response Content:  {"Message":"No HTTP resource was found that matches the request URI "[URL]"."}. The URL ending states that it should only look like /Binder/DownloadDocument?=[Document ID] which I have it set in the API action in BP. As I stated in Postman the call only required a POST and just the URL and it will download the document. I would love to get some thoughts on this since this works with an project that is nearly completed just need this one piece of clarity. 

Thank you.

------------------------------
Marcus Allen
Programmer Analyst II
Elliott Davis
3 REPLIES 3

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Marcus.

I have not run into this issue but I thought you might take a look at the web services guide for starters.  You can also search the Blue Prism portal to see what other information comes up (and there is a lot of it).

You can find the guide here:  https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6.3%20User%20Guide%20-%20Web%20Services_2.pdf

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Thank you Jack for this documentation this will help for sure in my future deployments. But I believe I did not do a good job of explaining that the API is from a third party software that we use. I am pretty okay with APIs but I'm sure there are several things I can brush on but working with BP and Postman I'm seeing is that BP needs to have an Response Content back where I got the actual API call working in PM it return just the 200 code and downloaded the document or rather alerted me to save the document. I will continue to work with this to see if I can resolve the issue. Thank you.

Marcus Allen
Programmer Analyst II
Elliott Davis

Excellent Marcus.

Good luck and if you are still having issues be sure to let us know.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism