Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems starting Blueprism

GauravDhiman
Level 5
945.jpg
Hi Guys,
I cannot find any post in community which solves my Query about Blueprism Start up.
I am getting following error when I start blueprism

"Your SQL server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with(Unknown Package ID).Please uninstall then re rum setup to correct this problem."

I have to reinstall blueprism then it works fine but when I shut down and start again it again gives same message.
I did installed new copy of blueprism which resulted in data loss but to no avail.

Need your thoughts around it.

Regards 

Gaurav

------------------------------
Gaurav Dhiman
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960
4 REPLIES 4

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Gaurav,

Please kindly advise the edition of Blue Prism you have installed on your machine, i.e. if it is Enterprise Edition or Learning Edition?

Do you also happen to have a locally installed Microsoft SQL Server instance on your machine? If so, are you able to connect to it directly?

To help get the best outcome for your question, I would suggest the following:
  • Enterprise Edition related questions in launching Blue Prism can be better addressed with a ticket open to Blue Prism Support
  • Issues with Learning Edition itself can be posted to Learning Community forum instead. It is targeted for people going through Blue Prism training and specifically the use of Blue Prism Learning Edition.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce ,
Thanks for getting back,
I have learning edition installed and was working fine till last week for 2 months,I have MIcrosoft SQL 2016 and 2017 installed on my machine.

Do you think having 2 SQL installed on same machine ,that could be causing problem?
Regards 

Gaurav

Gaurav Dhiman

GauravDhiman
Level 5
Hi Guys,
sorted out this issue,there was problem with the compatibility settings for Blueprism ,which was forcing blueprism to run as compatible to WINDOWS 8,I unchecked that box and it worked fine.
SQL server was working fine when I checked in services section.
941.jpg
Regards 

Gaurav

Gaurav Dhiman

Hi Gaurav,

I am glad it has worked for you. I take the compatibility settings may have been applied due to the other request you raised in the same forum? It is otherwise not something Blue Prism installer would have done during the installation.

On the topic of SQL Server, Learning Edition deploys SQL Server 2017 LocalDB component to your machine during the installation, i.e. it is not dependent on your local SQL Server instances to function. This is specifically done to enable users who have no knowledge of SQL Server to learn Blue Prism.

Regards,

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney