cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduler not work normaly

delacochesilver
Level 4

I am trying to schedule process in blue prism which is not working .. nothing happened ..

I went to Schedules -- > New Schedules ---> selected Task ---> provided UTC time to run the process------> New Schedule Task--> Drag and dropped the process from Available to resources and Clicked Apply Changes.

but at the time , the process don't wotking.

someone can help me?

thx

------------------------------
delacoche silver
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @delacoche silver,

Approach A: Using Blue Prism Command Line Options

The easiest approach that you can probably use would be the command line options of Blue Prism where we can perform various actions using CMD utility which you can find on this link: Blue Prism Command Line Options

You can use the below switch and command to trigger any process on your machine where runtime resource is running:

AutomateC.exe /run Process1 /user admin pwd

or if you have Single Sign On enabled then use the below command:

AutomateC.exe /run Process1 /sso

You can write a batch script with the .bat extension and simply use Windows Task Scheduler to run the script at any given frequency you want.

Approach B: Using Blue Prism Web Service Option:

Another approach can be to publish your process as a webservice and then you can write a VB script, PowerShell or a python script to invoke that particular API. You can again create a schedule using Windows Task Scheduler to trigger that script.

If you wish to go via second approach, have one of my YouTube video where I integrated a chatbot (Google Dialogflow) with Blue Prism using a python script in between to create a flak server which invokes the API whenever any user requested a response from the Chatbot. In your case, you only need to take in the parts of my video where I am exposing the Blue Prism process as a webservice and only the section of the code in python that shall invoke the API.

So, your code would be a lot simpler excluding the parts in my video where I am actually integrating the chatbot end and creating flask server in entirety. You can find the video here: Blue Prism Tutorials - Google Dialog Flow Chatbot Integration With Blue Prism

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Is your application server running? That's what runs the scheduler, not the BP client.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

ok thx , i don't have blueprism server , how can i lunch automaticly blueprism with a script without scheduler?

delacoche silver

Hi @delacoche silver,

Approach A: Using Blue Prism Command Line Options

The easiest approach that you can probably use would be the command line options of Blue Prism where we can perform various actions using CMD utility which you can find on this link: Blue Prism Command Line Options

You can use the below switch and command to trigger any process on your machine where runtime resource is running:

AutomateC.exe /run Process1 /user admin pwd

or if you have Single Sign On enabled then use the below command:

AutomateC.exe /run Process1 /sso

You can write a batch script with the .bat extension and simply use Windows Task Scheduler to run the script at any given frequency you want.

Approach B: Using Blue Prism Web Service Option:

Another approach can be to publish your process as a webservice and then you can write a VB script, PowerShell or a python script to invoke that particular API. You can again create a schedule using Windows Task Scheduler to trigger that script.

If you wish to go via second approach, have one of my YouTube video where I integrated a chatbot (Google Dialogflow) with Blue Prism using a python script in between to create a flak server which invokes the API whenever any user requested a response from the Chatbot. In your case, you only need to take in the parts of my video where I am exposing the Blue Prism process as a webservice and only the section of the code in python that shall invoke the API.

So, your code would be a lot simpler excluding the parts in my video where I am actually integrating the chatbot end and creating flask server in entirety. You can find the video here: Blue Prism Tutorials - Google Dialog Flow Chatbot Integration With Blue Prism

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

did you know how to launch in commande line a bluprism project?

delacoche silver

You wont require to launch the command line from Blue Prism for this. You would need to create a custom bat script on notepad and just keep it saved somewhere with .bat extension. Then on windows task scheduler just point the path of the script and it will automatically trigger that script to open the command line interface and execute the commands which you have mentioned within the bat file.

You can refer here to understand how you can create a custom batch script: How to create custom batch script

Basically, we are using an external agent which is the Windows Task Scheduler here which invokes a batch script to send a command to our Blue Prism runtime resource to execute the process from Control Room.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

thx , i will try this.

delacoche silver

Also , do you have a script for the batch to lanch a blueprism project

delacoche silver

thanks

delacoche silver

RonnyGruhl
Level 3
If a pending session in control room / session management, then you can not start the scheduler. Please use the filter in session management to see pending sessions.

Ron G