cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24H Challenge "Be a Digital Leader" - Overview

We recently hosted a Blue Prism standalone 24H Challenge in September for global teams to work together and design the best process possible using Blue Prism.

Last Challenges hosted at Blue Prism World 2021 were a complete success and our standalone Challenge on Community couldn't be less! Open to both our customers and partners, during the September Challenge we had the pleasure of accepting teams from Nordea, Ericsson, Vuram, EY or Smart Automation, among others.

The Challenge was held during the week commencing on September 20th and the teams had access to the Blue Prism environment for 24 hours over a week period to solve it.

The Challenge owners were fascinated by how teams used creative and dynamic ways to develop their solutions that met and, in some cases, exceeded the challenge criteria. This highlights that there is more than just a singular path to follow when considering RPA design and development.

To get an overview on our 24H Challenge "Be a Digital Leader" and the main comments or difficulties the teams faced, just keep reading!

What was the Challenge about?
In this Challenge, our contestants were able to become Digital Leaders, hiring new employees and managing the rest of their team. For the first time in 24H Challenges, using four Blue Prism Products.
Using an pre-installed HR application, they had to develop automations with several Blue Prism products to perform a series of tasks.

This Challenge tested contestants' ability to build robust, resilient automations using multiple Blue Prism
products including:
• Blue Prism – object modelling and spying applications.
• Decipher IDP – building Document Form Definitions (DFD), training and exporting.
• Hub – Automation Lifecycle Management (ALM) features.
• Interact – form creation

Difficulty level

Medium-High (12 to 18 hours of expected completion time)

What we loved

Methodologies & Standards: ​Several of the solutions were designed using Object per Screen and Single Action Orientated methodologies, not only making the solution design easy to understand but also largely reusable.

Solution Creativity:A few of the submitted solutions had taken different approachesgiving the user a quick and simple experience.

Build Quality:The majority of the submissions were built to a good standard utilizing a number of best practices.

What participants said

"Well enjoyed learning part. Challenge was more of learn and build solution with instant use of knowledge which I feel is best way of learning and will last for-ever in our mind. Thanks that this time challenge was spread across 5 days so we could park some time for challenge and also focus on daily office work."

"I never used these tools before so I found few difficulty in using them but the training content on BPU helped me a lot. I enjoyed working on this challenge as it was quite engaging and interesting."

"First of all, thank you for your time and effort for organizing this hackathon. I have to say these products and ALM is designed in a way that a user like me intuitively develop, design and test with ease. Curious for the future interesting hackathons from you"

​The Blue Prism judging panel is currently reviewing all solutions submitted and they will select a winning team. Keep an eye on the Community to find out about the "Be a Digital Leader" Challenge winners.

If you couldn't participate in this Challenge, simply stay tuned since we'll be hosting the next standalone Challenge in November. 

What did you think of the "Be a Digital Leader"? Leave your thoughts below. ​

------------------------------
    Lorena Seco de Herrera Ortega
    Community Manager
    Blue Prism
    2 REPLIES 2

ManishKumar
    Level 7
    Thanks, Lorena and the entire Blue Prism team! Very well organized.
    Congratulations to all winners!

Manish Kumar

Thank you Manish!

Always a pleasure organising these hackathons - hope to see you in the next one 🙂

Lorena Seco de Herrera Ortega
    Community Manager
    Blue Prism