cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit BP install with 32 bit VDI's

JohnNicholson
Level 2
We currently have 3 developers using a 32 bit install of BP and our VDI's also have 32 bit BP installed. Would there be any implications of me using a 64 bit install on my PC to develop? Could this cause any issues with our VDI's or other developers? I am using version 5.0.23, in case you need to know.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
As with the installation of any new version of Blue Prism (either a move from 32 to 64 bit, or an upgrade to a new version of the product), my advice would be the same. Create a Sandbox installation environment (new database/environment) and regression test everything you have previously built. I would expect the difference to be either non-existent or very minimal, with a slim chance that for some of your applications you may need to amend the Application Modeller mode (32/64/internal/external) for your interfaces to continue working.

Thanks, Denis. The main reason I want to move my machine to 64 bit is because I'm having issues with stepping through certain code stages that look for a .dll file in the blue prism installation folder. Because i'm running 32 bit on a 64 bit windows install it cannot find the .dll because it's looking in ""C:\Program Files"" rather than ""C:\Program Files (x86)"" where my install is. I've tried manually forcing BP to install into ""C:\Program Files"" but it always jumps back into the x86 folder. Besides installing the 64 bit version can you think of another work around for this?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Maybe duplicating the dll file so that it is also where your code wants it to be, and/or maybe adding the dll to the environment paths string in system settings? Generally speaking, I think running the 64bit version of BP on a 64 bit windows OS sounds like the correct thing to do.