cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA Element fails to find element AFTER 'Focus'

sarcher
Level 3
I have a strange issue... I have a process which reads a table list of data. There are about 40+ rows, each containing a number of columns (cells). I have spied one of the cells in a row, and am identifying it by passing a dynamic value (ie. row number) to the match index attribute. Using this, I am able to read each row's column all the way up to row 37. On row 38, however, the process fails with an error - "Unable to match any Active Accessibility elements to the supplied query terms". Here's my steps.. Step 1: 'Wait' for element to exist - PASS Step 2: 'Verify' element - PASS Step 3: 'Focus' element - PASS Step 4: 'Verify' element, again - FAIL Step 5: 'Read' element value - FAIL The above ONLY fails (Verify and Read) on element 38, and passes 37 times before. If I then recover and increment again it then fails on Step 1 with Index 39, even though I know there are more rows which it SHOULD be found successfully. Also worth noting that this behavior ONLY happens when running through the control tower on a virtual workspace bot. This does not become an issue when running it with the bot open and visually logged in, or while debugging. So my question or take-away from this is that, what happens to my element on focus? As that is where it seems to fall over? If I also recover from step 4, and try Verify index 37 back again it fails as well. Does anybody have any insight as to the behavior here?
2 REPLIES 2

JoakimEklund
Level 6
Hi! How long does it take in minuters/seconds to hit index 37? I'm thinking there might be a setting on the virtual machine causing it (lock or screensaver perhaps?). Have you tried going the opposite way in the table? Starting at the last index? Best regards Joakim

NandakumarJadav
Level 4
We have observed similar issue in BP, but when you detach and attach the application, then things seem to work. Did you try the same?