cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in using web service

Mohd_Daud2
Level 4
Hi, Just for practice I exposed a bussiness object and made it a web service, under System Manger using "Expose" and "Web Services" tabs respectively. I made all the methods available and when I am trying to use a method using action stage in a different object, I am getting the following error: "You are not authorised to call this webservice" Please provide solution for this.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The webservice requires header level authentication. I suggest you create a new user of the Blue Prism product named something like, ""AutomateWSUser"" and only give that user a role that can run processes but not modify anything. When calling the web service pass through this user and the password you have given it.

Mohd_Daud2
Level 4
I worked. Thanks a lot, Denis.

VivekAmbildhag
Level 2
Hi Denis, I have a slightly different problem. How to tackle this when BP is AD integrated? In case where its Ad integrated,even though I am sending appropriate credentials as part of calling program (ex : .NET), its still says 401- Not authorized. What setting do I need to ensure on the BP end while exposing WebServiuce situation so that it works when called remotely.