cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDING COLUMN DATA FROM OTHER COLLECTION

VYDYAABHIRAM
Level 2
How to add column data from one collection to other collection by comparing the collections made from two excel tables.

------------------------------
VYDYA ABHIRAM
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @VYDYA ABHIRAM

If you have all the info in the same Excel file, I will recommend you to access this information by using the OLEDB VBO, here you have the link from the Digital Exchange https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/data---oledb

You can use this assets to make a query over the Excel file and join the two tables in a simple query to extract the info.

Hope this helps you!

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

We have only trail version so with the action present in the excel vbo only. We have to send the column data from one excel to other excel. So if u have any solution in that case let us know.
Regards 
ABHIRAM.

VYDYA ABHIRAM

Hi @VYDYA ABHIRAM

If I understand well, you want to "mix" to collection and paste the result in an Excel File. And the two collection that you want to mix are extracted from two different Excel, that right?

For this, you can create a Business Object to combine the collections. With a code stage and some Linq statements you can achieve this.

Then, need to open the Excel File with the MS Excel's VBO and use the action "Write Collection" to put the new collection that you combine before in a new sheet.

If I wrong with the explication of this, please send us any example to understand better the problem.

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid