cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Configuration Error

SaumitraSharma
Level 4
I am trying to configure the application API, However i am getting the error "Could not create the TLS/SSL secure channel, I have confirmed with application team they are using the TLS1.2 Version...also they have shared the security certificate, Personal Information Exchange and PEM file.

Can anyone suggest what could you be the reason for this error.

------------------------------
Saumitra Sharma
Consultant
Wipro
Indian/Christmas
5 REPLIES 5

KrishnaA
Staff
Staff
Hello Saumitra,

Details shared are not adequate to comprehend the issue you are facing.  What application API are you trying to configure?  What is the BP version you are testing this configuration?   Exactly at what point are you getting this information.   Share screenshots if you can.  

Best regards,

Krishna A
Blue Prism
Krishna A [CompanyName]

Hi Krishna,

BP Version - 6.4.0
VBO - Utility-Http , Action - Http Request.

It's a web API to get the details, I have attached the error what i am getting.

Same Web API i have test in Postman it's working fine.
20815.jpg

Saumitra Sharma
Consultant
Wipro
Indian/Christmas

Hello Saumitra,

If you are in BP 6.4 and above, suggest you leverage the "Web API Services" feature of BP.   If you are comfortable using Postman, then I do not think it will be difficult for you to understand this feature.

Here are some pointers to get you started
https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6.4%20User%20Guide%20-%20Feature%20Summary_0.pdf
https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6.4%20User%20Guide%20-%20Web%20APIs_2.pdf

Best regards,

Krishna A
Blue Prism
Krishna A [CompanyName]

I already tried with "Web API Services" feature but getting the attached error.

In my process i have used "Web API Service" feature to configure other API's which i working fine.

20822.png

Saumitra Sharma
Consultant
Wipro
Indian/Christmas

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Saumitra,

It is not very easy for us to troubleshoot a remote web service. Especially the issue like the type of issue as you have experienced, there may be many reason behind it. It is not clear either if the web service contains a valid certificate and if there is trust between BP and the web service. 

That being said, I used to come across this in developing a REST API consumer client. You may be able to work around it by modifying the VBO as per https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2859790/the-request-was-aborted-could-not-create-ssl-tls-secure-channel

The solution is either to ignore the certificate error (not recommended), or implement TLS 1.2 specifically. Both involve changing the code behind the VBO.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney