cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access mdb database file from blueprism

MilanGoradiya
Level 2
Hi team,

I am trying to access mdb database file from blueprism with credentials and without credentials but every time getting pop-up as connect to db2 database for credentials at the time of execute query and execution of that stage is stop untill enter credentials. How we can avoid that pop-up and directly access mdb database file.

accdb file access is working fine here I m struggling with mdb file.

Try Using access provider = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" & "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"

Please help me and let me know if any further details required.

Thank you in advance

------------------------------
Milan Goradiya
RPA Developer & System Analyst
TCS
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

jegendra
Staff
Staff
Hi Milan,

How do you generally access the MDB from the Blue Prism?
Do you utilise the Data - OLEDB Business Object to access the MDB?
Have you attempted with adding the parameter Persist Security Info=False within the Connection String?

Further details regarding the Access Connection Strings References can be found from the following URL.
https://www.connectionstrings.com/access/

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hi Jega,

Thanks for reply.

Yes i had try to add parameter with my connection string as "Persist Security Info = False" & "Persist Security Info = True", with this Parameter getting error as "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user."

When I open Access DB (MDB file) externally and run my query through BOT with below connection string, Getting PopUp of "Connect To DB2 Database", refer image below. 

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\mcydb.mdb; Jet OLEDB:Database Password=dssdsdsdsdsds;"

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\mcydb.mdb;"

Thank you,
Milan
26092.jpg

Milan Goradiya
RPA Developer
TCS
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Milan,

In this specific case, you may need to use the Application Modeller and then spy the Connect To DB2 Database Window with an appropriate spying mode in the same way as any other applications, then automate the window using Write and Navigate Stages.

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism