cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API call with .PEM and .KEY file

DINESHMENTADA1
Level 2

Hi All,

Using the HTTP load certificate I am able to pass my certificate and get the certification ID.

When I call 3 rd party API URL using the certification ID. I am getting the following error.

Error Message : {"errorCode":40005,"message":"No required TLS certificate was sent"}

HTTP Request Action :

16204.png

Any inputs would be appreciated

------------------------------
DINESH MENTADA
RPA developer
Vigilant Technologies
America/New_York
7 REPLIES 7

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hi @DINESHMENTADA1 

It looks like you're using an older version of the HTTP utility VBO. First thing I'd suggest is getting the latest release from the DX. You can find it at the link below:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/utility---http

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

HI @ewilson 

I am getting the below error even after importing the new VBO.

Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

I used the Http request and Http request file.

16194.png

DINESH MENTADA
RPA developer
Vigilant Technologies
America/New_York

@DINESHMENTADA1 

But now you're getting a different error. This error indicates that the authentication was attempted and failed as opposed to the previous error that indicated the certificate details were not being sent to the server as part of the TLS handshake. Are you sure your certificate is valid? Have you attempted using it with the cURL examples Goldman Sachs provides on their developer site?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Kamal2017
Level 4

Hi @ewilson ,

Looking for your assistance here. I am getting 401 Unauthorized error with API HTTP call with .PEM file. I got a recommendation from API team to use .P12 file (with password) instead of .PEM certificate file. However, I am not sure if there is any way we can pass .p12 certificate path along with password.

There is an option at last to pass the Certificate Path (as in below list of parameters in HTTP Request but I don't see any relevant option where we can pass this .P12 certificate password. Could you please help.

Kamal2017_0-1713281570916.png

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Kamal2017 

My first comment would be to make sure you're using the latest release of the Utility - HTTP VBO from the DX. Next question would be, are you using the Load Certificate action exposed by the VBO? If so, it includes input for filename/path for a certificate  file and input for password on the certificate.

Cheers,

Eric

Kamal2017
Level 4

Hi @ewilson ,

No, I am directly using the HTTP Request option to make the API call. Should i use the Load Certificate activity first to get the Cert id and then this Cert id can be pass as an input to HTTP Request?

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Kamal2017 

That's the way the VBO is designed to be used.

Cheers,

Eric