cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API to interact with Blue Prism Control Room

ramprasadvaddep
Level 3
Hi,

can we access the Blue prism control room from other tools like SOAPUI to trigger the process and also get the information like available resources and session logs details like how processes is available and to read and control the bots. Please let me know how to configure and proceed if any documentation is available provide me.

Many Thanks!
Ramprasad

------------------------------
ramprasad vaddepally
18 REPLIES 18

Hi Ramprasad,

It’s possible in Blue Prism version 07.

Please find the below link for your reference.  

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/video/installation.htm?

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828

ewilson
Staff
Staff
As @Ram Prasad Gajula pointed out, there is a RESTful API that was introduced with Blue Prism v7. It doesn't give you the ability to directly launch a specific process though. It provides the ability to add work to work queues, assuming you'll have a process running (ex. via a schedule) that will either handle that work itself or distribute to other processes.

Prior to v7 you could perform the tasks you've outlined in two ways:
  • Leverage AutomateC​
  • Use the HTTP interface of the individual runtime resources
More information about either option is available on the Blue Prism Help system.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Great to hear BP is opening for more integration. 
Are there also improvements in the HTTP interface for runtime resources?
My last status was it does not work with SSO.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

Hi @Walter Koller,

There are no changes to the HTTP interface of the runtime resources that I'm aware of. However, have you taken a look at the help docs related to the /getauthtoken and /internalauth​ options? They're not really what I would consider SSO, but our tech writers seem to think they better enable support for SSO and AD authentication. 🤷‍♂️

v7 Resource PC Commands

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your reply.
I know the features you mentioned but didn't try them yet.
Unfortunately they are provided by automate.exe only. So in order to provide web services to other systems, those system have to first use Windows shell to authenticate. This creates a tighter bound between those systems and they probably could use only automate.exe instead of switching between EXE and WS.

I didn't have the opportunity to have a look at HUB and other components recently enhancing BP suite. Maybe there is something that could act as middleware between external WS consumer and BP.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

EVIPUTI
MVP
You can use command-line interface to get all the Bp info and triggering\stopping bots :https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-7/en-us/helpResourcePCCommands.htm?tocpath=Interface%7CAdvanced%20options%7C_____4&_gl=1*1lc6irv*_ga*Nzc0MDg4NTI4LjE1ODg3NzUyNzg.*_ga_MFBQ2KFZ1L*MTYzMDU4MTQxNC44LjEuMTYzMDU4NjMyMi4w&_ga=2.13044274.442054740.1630471957-774088528.1588775278

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Hi Eric,

I found this thread relevant with the issue I am facing...

I have done necessary installation for using Blue Prism API , web based control room. 

How can I login to control room using Authentication APIs? I have downloaded Open API specification for Blue Prism 7.0.0 but for authentication I couldn't find API endpoint and payload.

13848.png
By using authentication server URL how can I get oauth2.0 token to access further APIs of Blue Prism like for schedules and work queues.

Please assist me resolving this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pooja

Pooja Samudre

@PoojaSamudre,

There isn't a specific authentication method that you call. There's an OAuth2 handshake that occurs during the regular RESTful requests. All of this takes place out-of-band via the HTTP headers.

There's a Postman Collection available on the DX that might help you visualize this. You can find it here: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/blue-prism-api-postman-configuration

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response.
I have imported postman collection, While getting access token from https://authentication.local/connect/token if we mention scope as bp-api or bp-server it is not accepting , I am getting scope invalid error in console. But without specifying any scope I am able to get access token successfully.

Using same access token for authenticating other APIs facing below error. please find snapshots
13850.png
13851.png13852.png
Thanks & Regards,

Pooja Samudre