cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP Application coded with onMouseDown Links not working

kpb26
Level 3
I'm attempting to automate a webpage ASP application where the links are coded to trigger on onmousedown="MouseAction(...".   The ASP code then checks to see if it was a left or right click and navigates to different pages based on the button.  When I attempt to use a Navigate stage and send the Click action to the object, nothing happens.  Any suggestions on other paths to attempt to click the link?

------------------------------
Kevin Babb
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Kevin Babb,

Do you need to be able to traverse to either of the pages? Do you know the URL of each page? If so, could you just add a Navigate step directly to the necessary URL?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson, great questions.  I only need to navigate to the left click page, but it's address is dynamic based on information I'm not sure I'll always have access to.  In addition, it opens it inside a pane on the webpage, so I'm not sure navigating directly to it will work.  I'm spending some time today trying to see if I can use Invoke Javascript to make it work.​

Kevin Babb

@Kevin Babb,

You could try performing a SendKeys or Global SendKeys to invoke the link I think. With those you can specify whether to send a Left, Right, or Middle mouse click.​

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

I gave Global SendKeys an action, no luck.  I ended up looking at the page source, finding the function that is invoked when the link is clicked, and then made a call to that function.  Had to replace one parameter in the function call with "new MouseEvent("click")" as the function expected an Event as part of the input, but it appears to be working now.

Kevin Babb