cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Application not working with SAP on Citrix VDI

JohanLorentzon2
Level 3
Hi, Setup: Runtime Resource, Persistant VDI thorugh Citrix When not actively viewing the VDI screen, and running a process thorugh the VDI as a Runtime Resource, The following error occurs with SAP when running a navigate stage with the action "Activate Application": "ERROR: Internal: [...] - Could not identify process owning the foreground window" The error seems to be due to Blue Prism having trouble attaching to the window. Notably, when logged on to the VDI via the Citrix wrapper the "Activate Application" action works both: when stepping through the process in Process studio; and when starting the process in control room, both directly using the BluePrism GUI and as a Runtime Resource (i.e. started remotely via an Interactive Client). The problem seems to be that when not directly viewing the process running on the VDI, Blue Prism is unable to set the foreground window as active. The windows have been spyed with Win32 mode, and both "Enabled" and "Visable" has been unchecked as matching criterias in the Application Modeller for the windows (they're still being highlighted correctly). NoLockScreen has been enabled as well, so that's not the issue. All other interactions works without problems.   Do anyone recognize this issue? All help is appreciated!    
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Although you say otherwise, this error suggests that the desktop screen does not exist at runtime.  I suspect that the VDI is not as Persistant as you suspect (such that although the VDI exists it does not have an actual visible desktop when nobody is connected to it) or otherwise someone has been connecting to the VDI's using a tool such as Micrsoft RDP - which we specifically recommend against.

JohanLorentzon2
Level 3
Thank you for your reply! I am certain that the VDI is persisant (there is a unique user profile login with saved personlised settings, etc.). However, I recently discovered (in contrary to what I first believed was the case) that the Lock Screen does get enabled. Am I right to suspect that this is the root cause to why the ""Activate application"" action does not work?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Yep - the foreground window error you are getting is typical where desktops are not persistent and unlocked.  If you did some kind of get resolution or get screen dimensions code on the VDI it would probably return zero.