cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Application vs. Focus (Avoid Screen Lock)

MarkusReich
Level 3
Hi Robotics Enthusiasts, i have the following problem/ issue: - We have two robots (Robot A and B) with different processes running on it - Both Robots are installed locally (Infrastructure not set up yet) - The process of the Robot A is running fine. Even if the robot is running for several hours the screen is not locking automatically until the process is done (after the process is finished, the screen locks automatically after 10 minutes) - When Robot B, with a different process, is running, the screen automatically locks after 10 minutes. Even when the process is still running and this results in an error. The current solution ist that someone is sitting in front of the Robot B and moves the mouse every few minutes. I know that we can easily avoid this problem by setting up infrastructure and login agent and/or change security settings, but so far it is not possible. The main question is, why is it not locking on Robot A but on Robot B. The IT Team told us, that both VDIs and Users have the same configuration. I think, that something in the process of Robot A is triggering something that the automatic screen locking timer will be resetted. In Robot A, we use a lot of "Focus" Navigate Stages (HTML) and Global Send Key Events, in Robot B we don't use "Focus" Navigate stage and no send key events, we use activate application instead (Win32). Can you explain me the difference between "Activate Application" and "Focus"? Do you have any ideas to avoid the automatic screen locking in the lokal installation (not using Login Agent or chaniging security settings)   I hope the question is understandable. Thanky you very much for your help. Best Markus      
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Probably process A is behaving like a human user (maybe Global Send Keys) and Windows 'thinks' the desktop is in use. If process B is running more 'silently' then maybe the screen lock timer is not 'aware' of any activity. One trick to avoid this is to make the process do something that Windows 'sees'.

MarkusReich
Level 3
Hi John, thank you very much for your fast response!  I will try it out. Best Markus