Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Chrome app not working

IgorRosančić
Level 4
Hi,

I have question about chrome. 
We using Blue Prism version 6.8 and we already have few processes which which working with apps in Chrome. But till now processes work only  with chrome. Now we have new process which must work in two browsers. IE and Chrome.
So, we can use both, but problem is when both browsers are maximized and in front we have IE. 
We can't activate Chrome window.
If both windows are visible on screen this working, but if Chorme window is in background (behind IE window) I can't activate Chrome windows.

I spy Chrome with Win32, a and using navigate stage and action "activate application" action.
This is from app modeler
28301.pngand this is from navigate stage
28302.png
Thanks.

------------------------------
Igor Rosančić
5 REPLIES 5

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @Igor Rosančić

In the navigation stage, you also have a "Maximise" and "Minimise" actions. Can you try with this to see if it's solves the problem?​

I have similar problems but with the two IE Browsers open at the same time and I switch it attaching and detaching the window and maximise the Window that I want to work with.

Hope this helps you!

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

hi,

thanks for answer. I already try that. it didn't helped...

Igor Rosančić

diane.sanzone
Level 7
Hi, Igor,

Just to confirm RE Pablo's suggestion, when you tried the "Maximise" and "Minimise" actions, did you try to "Minimize" the IE window, then perhaps do a "global mouse click" on the Chrome window to activate it without using the actual "activate" action?  I would also check the exposure on your objects to make sure they're appropriate for what you're doing.  I've never had need to change anything from "exclusive" in my environment due to our security setups so I don't have much experience there other than the training docs, but is it possible you have a conflict there where IE is taking precedence over Chrome and not allowing you to switch?

Good luck!

Diane Sanzone

PrashantBoga1
Level 2

I Igor,

I have found any work around on this? I am also struggling with same issue. Tried using activate but chrome gets activated only it is explicitly foreground of blueprism. since the process involves switching between applications so I must activate Chrome in order to search required tickets.

Prashant Boga
RPA Lead
Fujitsu Australia
Asia/Kolkata

Hi,

We solve it in a way that we split process logic. Now process first working with one browser, finish everything, close it, and than open second one and working with second one.
Even on 6.10.4 we had same problems, so....

Igor Rosančić