cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting work queue into a collection

ArjunGupta
Level 3
Hi all,

I have a work queue in a process that runs once a month. I load 30-40 rows from an excel file to create an item for each row in the excel file. The bot then processes each item and marks them as completed/exception. The process then ends gracefully.

Currently, after the process is complete, I manually export the queue report as an excel file, filter for the date I want (which is the day the process is ran), delete 6-7 columns (item ID and other technical Blue Prism columns) and send the formatted excel to our stakeholder for analysis.

I was thinking of creating a Blue prism process to do this and read about the Queue VBO in which we can use the action "Get Report Data" after passing the queue name, one of the 4 datetime parameters and one of the flags. 

My issue is that the output of this action is just  a collection of item IDs, but not the actual queue data itself.

How can I get that same exported excel dump using this or any other VBO in Blue Prism?

Regards
Arjun

------------------------------
Arjun Gupta
Associate Process Automation Developer
UL LLC
America/Chicago
7 REPLIES 7

LucasSilva
Level 4
Hi!

You can use the 'Get Item Data' action, which is in the Work Queues Object, the same one in which you used the 'Get Report Data', it uses the Ids that are returned as input, and returns you all the information regarding the item Id that you passed.

Lucas Humberto

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Arjun,

All data required for the report should be available within the process while running. So you might as well have the process create the report for you as it runs. You either write to an Excel after reading each WorkQ entry or you write to the Excel after the process has finished each item.

If I would hazard a guess, I would assume this way of working is standard in most BP shops...

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hi Arjun,

For MI Reporting, we have created a lot of reporting process in past. The best way to do this is by using the 'Get Report Data' and 'Get Item Data' as pointed out before. However, here one thing I would add is that if you are using just one queue, reporting is fairly easy as you can sync every item data against the respective item ID.

However, if you are using multiple work queues then I would suggest to have a Item Key also in place which can help you to sync the correct data from both queues for any given item ID. For your reference, just find a sample workflow which can give you both Item ID's and also the Item Data. You can create further logics to combine both of them or write the same in some excel file.

11918.png

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hi Devneet, 

Please share the inputs for the Get Report data. I'm getting an error 
Internal : Error retrieving data: Cannot get value as UTC DateTime when type is number

I need to retrieve data of the queue from 28/11/2022 to 2/12/2022. Not sure how to give the dates as inputs.

11919.png

Thanks & Regards,
Bhargava

Bhargava M R RPA Engineer
Associate Software Engineer
Mphasis
Asia/Kolkata

Hello @Bhargava M R,

Please check the format of datetime which you are passing while retrieving the data from queue.

Now() gives back UTC time, LocalTime() gives back local time

You need to make datetime variable and pass into date attributes. 

Try out once by passing the value manually and accordingly you can make it dynamically .

Shikhar Mishra
RPA Lead
Infosys
Shikhar Mishra RPA Lead Infosys

Thank you Shikhar:)

Bhargava M R RPA Engineer
Associate Software Engineer
Mphasis
Asia/Kolkata

ewilson
Staff
Staff
FWIW - There's an action on the Queue Reports VBO called Get Data for Items. Just pass in a Collection of the queue work items you're interested in, and it will return a Collection containing the data.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange