cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does more RRs in resource pool make command issue slower?

sumire
Level 8
Hello,

I have a question about how resource pool work.

I created a process that issues a process execution directive command to a resource pool.

Does the indicated process start slower if the resource pool has 30 RRs than if it has 3 RRs?
If so, what is the reason for the delay?
I suspect Blue Prism checks all RRs in the pool sequentially each time whether RRs are working or not.
If so, will having more RRs in the resource pool hurt performance?

------------------------------
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @sumire,

Check out the following KB article. It provides some information about how processes are assigned to a worker in a resource pool.

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Installation-Platform/Configuration/Resource-Pools/1364425402/How-does-Blue-Prism-decide-which-Runtime-Resource-will-run-a-Process-wh...

Generally, the use of a resource pool does introduce a little extra overhead as opposed to assigning a process directly to a specific runtime resource. However, that overhead should be negligible. However, please refer to the link I included on our other thread regarding resource pool sizing.​

Have you reviewed the Event Viewer or logs on the resource pool controller or any of the other runtime resources in the slower pool?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @sumire,

Check out the following KB article. It provides some information about how processes are assigned to a worker in a resource pool.

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Installation-Platform/Configuration/Resource-Pools/1364425402/How-does-Blue-Prism-decide-which-Runtime-Resource-will-run-a-Process-wh...

Generally, the use of a resource pool does introduce a little extra overhead as opposed to assigning a process directly to a specific runtime resource. However, that overhead should be negligible. However, please refer to the link I included on our other thread regarding resource pool sizing.​

Have you reviewed the Event Viewer or logs on the resource pool controller or any of the other runtime resources in the slower pool?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hello @ewilson ,

Thank you for sharing the KB link.
I understood that placing unnecessarily many RRs in a resource pool is a bad thing.​

I thought it would be safer to place more RRs in the resource pool than the number of licences,
because if some RRs stop, others will work, reducing the chance of the process stopping.
I'll put the minimum number of RRs I need in a resource pool.

Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo
Mitsuko
Asia/Tokyo