cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Queues

Hello all,

Would like to understand the concept of active queues in simple terms. Any real-time/practical use cases to get a clear picture would be appreciated.

------------------------------
Murali
RPA Consultant
7 REPLIES 7

VedSengupta
Level 6
Hello Murali,
Below are my understandings of Active queue with an example.
There are two processes(say Process1 & Process2) using two WQ(WQ1 & WQ2). Now it is a one-to-n relationship where multiple items of child queue is signifying a single item in parent queue.
 When process 1 starts it loads WQ1 and triggers process2. Process2 loadsWQ2. Now on completion of multiple items(configurable at design and requirement level) we mark one item in WQ1 as complete.

Active queue helps basically to distribute workload at a more atomic level.
Please let me know in case you have any point. Would like to learn from community also on this topic.

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore | INDIA
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer*
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

EVIPUTI
MVP
Hi @krishna.kodimurali9 ,

This helped me a long time back "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lb2oGcUMWw" . Hope this helps you too .​

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Thank a lot Ved for your reply. I was looking for a real-time use case where exactly this is useful.

Murali
RPA Consultant

Thanks Vipul, this was a quite good informative video that you have shared.

Murali
RPA Consultant

EmersonF
MVP
It is also worth noting that the use of the active queue is the only way to relate a queue to a process natively within the blue prism database in the BPAWorkqueue table in the process ID column

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
Recife
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

Hi Ved,

Does active queue trigger the process automatically once its configured?? . Looks like its not triggering. 

regards,
Inian

Inian Kamaraj
RPA Architect
TCS
America/Toronto

Hi @Inian Kamaraj

Just because you configured the active queue do not make it Auto triggered. Value in the active queue controller decides whether to trigger the process on RR in a resource pool or distribute the load to other RR in the pool.​

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*