cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active accessibility mode not working in google chrome

BalajiTK
Level 2
We are using Blueprism v6.4. AA mode spying does not seem to work in google chrome. We tried –force-renderer-accessibility but that also doesn't work. Let us know if you have any solutions.
29 REPLIES 29

Hi ,

I have put this " force-renderer-accessibility "   in the end of my URL link but it doesn't open it .

------------------------------
Erjola Mema

Hi @ErjolaMema,

My best guess here is that this is happening since you are trying to automate the application as Browser Application instead of Windows Application at this step in your Application Wizard as shown below:

25411.png
Steps To Enable AA Mode:

Step A) Instead of Browser Application, make the application as 'Windows Application' instead at this step. Since AA mode is not supported under Browser Application types:

25412.png
Step B) Then you ensure that your application is launched from an executable file and provide the application file path of the browser which you wish to automate. In my case, I am using chrome:

25413.png
25414.png

Step C) Then you need to provide the URL followed by a flag, '--force-renderer-accessibility'. This flag is what will enable the active accessibility for me. Here, let say my Url is for Google home page:

25415.png

Step D) You can just leave the other options as default in the subsequent steps. And now if you try to launch and identify any element, you should be able to see 'Win32', 'UIA', 'AA' and 'Region' mode:

25416.png
25417.png
25418.png
25419.png

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

Hi @devneetmohanty07 and thanks for the reply.

I did it ​just like you said and also make  the application as 'Windows Application' but  this thing that I just did has deleted the  spy of Browser Mode

Is there a way to get all the spy-ies together?

Erjola Mema

Hi @ErjolaMema,

This can be an issue if you use one business object for the application. What I have done in past is to use two separate business objects and properly use detach and attach actions in both of the business objects while working on the application.​

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

@devneetmohanty07 is correct on the approach here; you'll need one object dedicated to using AA set to a 'Windows Application' and another dedicated object set for a Browser. However, there shouldn't be any need to attach/detach when moving between objects. I've been able to successfully run both objects side-by-side without issue.

Alternatively, the use of --force-renderer-accessibility ​should allow the use of UIA mode within your Browser object. I personally prefer to go with the multi-object approach to allow AA, but UIA is certainly an option if you would rather consolidate your objects.

Ami Barrett
Solution Architect
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX

Hi @devneetmohanty07, @Ami Barrett ,

Thank you both for your help!

​​

Erjola Mema

Hello @AmiBarrett 

Recently we are facing issues with AA mode in Google chrome browser. The same code is working on some of the machines and won't work on some. We are using focus and global mouse click center to highlight and click for all the buttons and dropdown elements. Focus is clicking instead of highlighting the buttons and dropdown elements in some machines where as it working as expected in the other machines. It started to happen in my developer machine as well. This wasn't an issue when we were developing. We are running this code in 20 machines and the issue is happening in 6 of them.

Best,

Bhaskar

Bhaskar Gudibandi

Do you know if there's any sort of environmental difference between those machines? Something like a different version of Chrome, or different plugins installed?

Ami Barrett
Solution Architect
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX

Hi Ami,

Facing same issue after the latest Chrome and Edge update (114.0.1823.37), Active Accessibility is no longer available even after we select Application type as windows or Internet explorer, we tried appending URL with the --force-renderer-accessibility. 

upon checking we found that other RPA tools are also facing similar issue after this update.

Pashupati Mishra
EY
@malikmishra2004@gmail.com
Pashupati Mishra EY @malikmishra2004@gmail.com

You'll need to change it to --force-renderer-accessibility=complete in order to replicate the functionality it had before they changed it in the browsers.

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA