cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add To Queue fails - The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply

Arto
Level 2

Hi,

I have an item that contains a large xml file (70MB) and when I try to add it to the queue it gives the following error:

"ERROR: Internal : The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:00. 
Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. 
The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout."

How exactly can I increase the timeout value? Add To Queue doesn't have much options except Batch Size, which doesn't help here as I'm only trying to add one item at a time. Also the work queue doesn't have any options like this. Is there a size limit for the queue item?

I'm using Blue Prism Cloud v6.10.1 and the default Add To Queue action from Work Queues object.

------------------------------
Arto Lindqvist
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

I would rethink the design of your queue and hold the location of the file, rather than the file itself - 70MB is is a hell of a size for a queue item.

I suspect the error message refers to networking/database timeout, rather than anything you can set from a VBO input parameter, so probably the vest course of action is to raise a ticket to get advice from the Support team.

John Carter
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

I would rethink the design of your queue and hold the location of the file, rather than the file itself - 70MB is is a hell of a size for a queue item.

I suspect the error message refers to networking/database timeout, rather than anything you can set from a VBO input parameter, so probably the vest course of action is to raise a ticket to get advice from the Support team.

John Carter
Blue Prism

Thanks John, that's exactly what I did and now it finally worked. Now the queue item contains only a link to the file.

The next problem I faced was with the main process because it has to read that file and I got System.OutOfMemoryException error. This link helped with that: How can I avoid Out Of Memory issues? Basically I just got rid of all the extra collections and loops to ensure the largest chunk of data is not stored multiple times.

Arto Lindqvist