cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding values to collection filed

I have a requriment, reading 70 values form external windows application and need to store those values in collection.  i have created two rows: field _name, field_value. now, i need to write values in field-value column one by one. Attache screenshot for better understanding.   regards, naveen
2 REPLIES 2

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi NaveenG You have a couple of options: 1) If you can copy the information to Excel, the MS Excel VBO has an action called ""Get Worksheet As Collection"", if the first row of your data are the column names, then you can use the ""Utility - Collection manipulation"" BO's action ""Set Column Names From First Row"", to set the column names in your collection. Otherwise you need to set the fields in your collection, see 3) 2) If you have the data as a csv file or can alter the ""string"" to be comma separated, then the ""Utility - Strings"" BO has an action called ""Get CSV as collection"" can transform your csv file to a collection. Again if the first row of your data are the column names, then you can use the ""Utility - Collection manipulation"" BO's action ""Set Column Names From First Row"", to set the column names in your collection. Otherwise you need to set the fields in your collection, see 3) 3) You can set the fields in the tab ""Fields"" of the collection, instead of in ""initial values"", as you have done. You can then use the ""Utility - Collection Manipulation"" BO's action ""Set Collection Field"" to set each of the values in the collection. The easiest would be with a Multi Calc stage in your Proces or Object. I would prefer 1) or 2) if possible, otherwise 3) is your answer. Good luck. BR, Mustafa

Thansk mustafauy for soluation....