cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred whilst configuring Blue Prism localdb.

SureshRajendran
Level 2
Please help me to resolve the below issue.

An error occurred whilst configuring Blue Prism localdb.

BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.DatabaseInstallerException: Unable to determine whether database exists - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.
)
at BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.Installer.CheckDatabaseExists()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_DatabaseExists()
at AutomateUI.BPApplication.Start(String[] args)

11455.png

------------------------------
Suresh R
Senior Process Associate
Tata Consultancy Services
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Suresh,

Question: Have you previously had Blue Prism setup and running on this computer?

Rationale for asking: This error has been reported a few times and up to now we've been unable to replicate to prevent it happening.  It seems to occur when someone setups up Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition, then removes some of it and attempts to install it again.  The reason for my question is to understand whether you have received the error is a similar way to other people or there is something else causing the issue.

To resolve the issue, the following steps seems to have resolved for other people:

To completely remove Blue Prism from your system:

As its previously worked, I suspect when you clear down and reinstall, everything should work again.  I suspect that Microsoft SQL Server 2017 LocalDB thinks the Blue Prism instance and database is still there, but you have removed them from the file system.

It would be good for the community if you let us know how you get on.  This will help the next person who sees this error.

Tip: Another thread where I have mentioned the same resolution – Issue installing Microsoft LocalDB with Blue Prism Trial and / or Learning Edition

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

17 REPLIES 17

UdayTeja
Level 2
Hey Suresh Gone through the issue.

Could you please provide more information when exactly you encountered this error while creating database or getting connected to the existing database. please provide the information to give you resolution.

Regards,
Uday Nimmala

Uday Teja
Consultant
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Uday,

At the time of BluePrism installation.

Senior Process Associate
Tata Consultancy Services

NunoSilva
Level 3
Hello all,

I have that issue when configured my first local and made something different and I will share with you:

• Open SQLMS like administrator and go to the instance what you want to create database;
  • Go to Database on navigation tree and create a DB with same name as you want to create on BluePrism installation;
  • after DB created, go to Security on Navigation Tree and on username that will work with BluePrism, make that DB as DefaultDB for user;
  • After attributed dB to the user, open BluePrism installation and now you can create DB with drop existing other.

good luck

Nuno Silva

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Suresh,

Question: Have you previously had Blue Prism setup and running on this computer?

Rationale for asking: This error has been reported a few times and up to now we've been unable to replicate to prevent it happening.  It seems to occur when someone setups up Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition, then removes some of it and attempts to install it again.  The reason for my question is to understand whether you have received the error is a similar way to other people or there is something else causing the issue.

To resolve the issue, the following steps seems to have resolved for other people:

As its previously worked, I suspect when you clear down and reinstall, everything should work again.  I suspect that Microsoft SQL Server 2017 LocalDB thinks the Blue Prism instance and database is still there, but you have removed them from the file system.

It would be good for the community if you let us know how you get on.  This will help the next person who sees this error.

Tip: Another thread where I have mentioned the same resolution – Issue installing Microsoft LocalDB with Blue Prism Trial and / or Learning Edition

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hello Chris 

I m facing the same problem.
I did as you suggested. I removed the blue prism then installed it again. The same message appeared. I searched on the internet to understand why this problem happened.
To solve that issue, I need to create an administrator password but this screen no longer appears to me. It appeared only once when I was uploading the software for the first time.

I appreciate someone to suggest the solution

Regards
Neyara

Neyara Radwan

Hello Silva

I appreciate to guide me (by details ) to solve that problem

Thanks,
Neyara

Neyara Radwan

Hello Neyara

It doesn't sound like the you have completely stripped Blue Prism and supported database from your computer.  If you had, you would have been presented with the option to enter a password for your Blue Prism admin user account.

We do not prompt for the creation of a admin password, of there is already a database in place.  So, I suspect you'd see the steps to strip back the database files too. (See Page 6 of the guide)

I'll repeat the advice earlier for you to double check:

When you reinstall, make sure you are installing as a user with admin rights.  If that doesn't work, Nuno has provided different suggestions above.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

I am also experiencing this error on my first attempt to install Learning Edition, and again on my 2nd attempt after following the uninstall steps described above, from the Getting Started Guide - Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition. I assume the complete uninstall was successful because I did get the first-time login screen with the option to enter a password for the Blue Prism admin user account. I am not able to follow steps provided by Nuno above because I am not a technical user. I am lost at the first step regarding SQLMS.. don't know what that is, whether it's on my laptop, nor do I know how to administer databases using that tool. 

Thanks for any assistance, 
James

I'm running 64-bit Win 10 on a Lenovo T470s. My local user account has admin rights to install software.

Here is a screenshot of the error:
11326.png

Alan Hargrove

Even though I tried re-downloading the install file several times, for some reason when I re-downloaded the install file today, I was able to successfully install the Learning Edition and activate the license. 

Regarding the uninstall instructions in the Getting Started Guide, I was not able to "run the following commands to stop and remove the local database instance" because I don't have any sub-directory "sqllocaldb" under the Binn directory.  Even after successful install, I don't have the sqllocaldb folder, I just see sqllocaldb.exe. See inserted image of my folders. I only have a Resource sub folder and sqllocaldb.exe.

I could not do these two uninstall steps from the Getting Started guide:
  1. • "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\sqllocaldb" stop blueprismlocaldb
  2. • "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\sqllocaldb" delete blueprismlocaldb
11336.jpg

Alan Hargrove