cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism 7.2.1 installation error with Connection to SQL server

AdnanAhmed
Level 2

Anyone seen this error while installing the BP 7.21. for training. 'I've tried to uninstall both BP and Sql Express server  multiple times and every time i get to a step where BP needs to install and create a db, This error message appears. 

Any help is appreciated!

Error:

BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.DatabaseInstallerException: Unable to determine whether database exists - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.

)

at BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.Installer.CheckDatabaseExists()

at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_DatabaseExists()

at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_UpgradeOnly()

at AutomateUI.BPApplication.Start(String[] args)

35923.png
2 REPLIES 2

LeonardoSQueiroz
Level 10

Hello,

Check the article:  https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/view-question?ContributedContentKey=88bf8b3f-668a-4a6a-9a7f-fde92272edba&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01

Regards

Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

AdnanAhmed
Level 2

I tried to follow the instructions in the following link but nothing seemed to work. 

Aside from that, i have now uninstalled and reinstalled both BP and SQL Server 2017 Express edition. 

For SQL Server, I manually enabled TCP/IP Protocol and restarted the services, as well as enabling and starting the SQL Server Browser and SQL server Agent services. But none of these changes helped. 

is there any other way to create a database and connection to it then the way BP automatically does it now. In the past we can create the database and connection it manually. 

Would it be any different if i installed the SQL server 2022 Express Edition or dev version?