cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone worked with TreeView Object before?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm new to Blue Prism We are attempting to automate a Windows VB client tool Integral to accessing the Screens on this Tool is a Tree View Object where the Screens are Child nodes of various categories I have identified this object in Application Modeller (Class name is displayed as TreeView20WndClass) and the element type is recognised as a 'Tree View' When I use the Highlight option on the Application Modeller the Expected object is chosen. However when I attempt to access this Tree view using a Navigate (Select Tree Node) I get an Error 'Can't interact with an ActiveX TreeView unless hooked' Has anyone encountered this issue before? If so how did you solve this? Thanks, Oliver
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The error message mentions the need to be 'hooked'. Application Hooking (if that is indeed what the message is referring to) is an interface within Blue Prism for interfacing with some old legacy applications. It might be worth trying , but before using it for the first time it might be worth discussing it's strenghts and weaknesses with your Blue Prism mentor. Hooking is turned on in the Application Modeller Wizard, and there is a lot of information about it in the Product Help (use Help0>Search menu option and search for Application Hooking). My understanding is that hooking is really only of use when reading information - for sending selecting nodes you may still need to use Surface Automation and Global Mouse Clicks.