cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem spying elements from DB management tools

h_rojas_del_cas
Level 3
Good day eveyone. I'm new to Blueprism and in the process of learning how to automate multiple processes. I need to automate some queries executed from a DB management tool know as DbVisualizer, but while using the Application Modeller, Blueprism can only identify the main window; if I try to identify any other element, like a button, area or field, the highlight only selects the complete main window and doesn't provide the detail of the element I want selected. Is it an error from BluePrism? Am I doing anything wrong or DbVisualizer is not usable for automation? Thanks for your help. Kind regards.
4 REPLIES 4

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Horacio, You may need to switch spying modes. Worst case scenario you can use Surface Automation. Tom.

h_rojas_del_cas
Level 3
Thanks for your reply. I've been trying with different spying modes with no success so I switched to Surface Automation, but is proving to be non optimal. ¿Is there any other way to do the Spying? Thanks.

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Horacio, What do you mean by 'non optimal'? If you are referring to speed of development - then yes, it does take require more time to build (this is the biggest con to surface automation) If you are referring to processing speed - If you implement the latest 'Wait for Images' actions, controlled loops and reading techniques then it could be (almost) as speedy any other spied application using different spy methods If you are referring to reliability - With a solid build which includes redundancies reading methods, surface automation can be very reliable Tom.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
DBVisualizer has a very graphics heavy looking GUI - with lots of bespoke looking elements created by it's developers. It does not surprise me that Surface Automation is requried. What business process are you trying to automate using the DBVisualizer tool? Have you considered using some of the command line options that seem to be available for DBVisualizer? Is some of what you are trying to achive not possible via direct database queries (maybe using an ODBC interface in Blue Prism?)