cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append text to collection

Lily.L
Level 5

Hi guys,

I need to put the whole sentence [8899] cats - cat foods into 1 row in the collection.

I have a sentence like this: [8899] cats - cat foods
I want to append text to the existing queue collection. I have created the process, which included the steps; read and write text to the collection and update queue data. The process is running well, but there's no update when I check the queue data collection at the end. Here are my steps:
17113.png

17114.png

I have come up with a solution: split text, I spit [8899] and cats - cat foods and store these in the collection in different columns - it's working, but I don't want to split text. 

Thank you,

M

------------------------------
Mia Mikela

4 REPLIES 4

TobiasArnold
Level 6

Hi Mia,

simple question: Did you forgot to re-assing the "Queue Data" collection in the output tab of the "append field" action?

Tobias Arnold
RPA Developer
ITERGO GmbH
Europe/Duesseldorf

yes I did but still not working 17102.png

Mia Mikela

swapnadeep_deb
Level 4

Hi Mia,

Could you clarify what do you mean by "there's no update when I check the queue data collection at the end" ?

You can view the Reference Text column filled with the Reference Output text once you run the Append field action. There's no need to do Set Data to verify that.

Set Data is used to Update the existing collection data with new data that can be fetched later by doing a Get Item Data

17105.png

17106.png

Thanks,

Swapnadeep Deb

Swapnadeep Deb RPA Developer [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi Swapnadeep, thanks for your help, It's working well now. Appreciate your time 🙂

Mia Mikela