cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Modeller: for Internet Explorer

JohnTan
Level 3
Hi

My application modeller was working fine yesterday. I got it to launch IE via Navigate.

But oddly today, it will only launch the Edge browser. Yet in the application modeller,  the path of the browser is still 
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Thank you

------------------------------
John Tan
5 REPLIES 5

Hi John,

This issue is not related to the Blue Prism and it is coming from the Windows OS.
It looks like after upgrading to 20H2 it always opened in Edge, also manually browsing to that website was redirected to Edge.

I found a setting in Internet Explorer under Internet Options -> Advanced Tab -> Browsing section -> Uncheck Enable third party extensions.

I hope it helps you too.

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Sydney NSW

Sorry I don't understand. I can't even open IE now

John Tan

EVIPUTI
MVP
Hi @John Tan ,

Its because of decommission of IE so whenever IE can't render a website, it will automatically redirect you to Microsoft Edge. In other words, IE automatically launches​ Edge. You can stop this by following the steps -- >
Launch Microsoft Edge and go to Settings. Navigate to Default browser, and locate Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge. Set this option to Never.

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi John,

Microsoft Edge comes with an "IE mode" so that websites designed for Internet Explorer can continue to work when IE reaches end of life in June 2022. In an organisation, IT administrators would have ability to use group policies to control the way how each website can be opened by default. They may even impose a blanket ban on Internet Explorer altogether. 

If this happens to you, and you were caught by surprise, I would say you should at least reach out to your IT department to understand the current policy re: Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browser. This may be an area that has not been fully understood by the COE. As you can see, it certainly has an impact on your day-to-day operation.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

KodiSrihari
Level 8
Hi John,

If you want to change the Browser type to MS Edge from IE as the path mentioned.

Go to Application Modeler > Click Browse In path to your Browser field > Select Windows :C >  Select Program Files(x86) > Open Microsoft > Open Edge > Open Application > Select msedge > Click Open > Click Apply and OK in Application Modeler.

Now the Path will change to "MS Edge" instead of IE. Hope You got it.

Thanks. 

Srihari
RPA Developer