cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Blue Prism Releases backward compatible

SreekanthNarra
Level 2
I create a Blue Prism release using BP version 6.6 and send it up the stack of environments which has Blue Prism version 6.3. Importing the release to 6.3 is not showing any actions etc..

Are Blue prism release backwards compatible? If not what would be other options without upgrading as I have existing process in Blue Prism 6.3 prod environment.

------------------------------
Sreekanth Narra
Software Developer
Virginia Department of Transportation
America/New_York
4 REPLIES 4

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Running processes from 6.3 on 6.6 should mostly work, except for some subtle changes maybe. The only one that comes to my mind is handling of queue retries logic on session end, which was changed in 6.5 and reverted in 6.5.1 I think. 

Importing processes from higher versions to a lower ones might work, but obviously not gauranteed - there are new features that is not supported in previous versions.
I think 6.6 also introduced some changes in xml format, you can probably find it in release notes.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

Thanks for the Response Andrey
I will look into the release XML format for v6.6.
I am able to release a process created in v6.6 to v6.3. When we open the process in v6.3 the canvas is messed up with all the actions and data items overlapping on eachother. We were able to rearrange and run the process successfully.

Note: We used the VBO's which are available in v6.3.

Sreekanth Narra
Software Developer
Virginia Department of Transportation
America/New_York

Hi Sreekanth one way to make the release backword compatable is to replace the below in release file of Version 6.6 
<display x="-195" y="-105" w="150" h="90" />

with the below to be compatable with the V6.5

<displayx>-195</displayx>
<displayy>105</displayy>
<displaywidth>150</displaywidth>
<displayheight>90</displayheight>

You can create the object to get the string "<display x="-195" y="-105" w="150" h="90" />" and read x,y,w,h values and replace string as below 

<displayx>-195</displayx>
<displayy>105</displayy>
<displaywidth>150</displaywidth>
<displayheight>90</displayheight>

Subramanyam Reddy Jeepalem

VivekGoel
Level 10
The change in XML is the reason you may not be seeing anything. or in other words, having all the actions stacked on one another.
Just click on any action u see.. and drag it outwards, you will see the other ones  🙂

Vivek Goel
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.