cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach to an already existing instance of Notepad.

Stephen
Level 3
Hi All, I know this is a simple task, however I cannot seem to make it work. I am creating an Application Model that connects to Notepad, but I want this to connect to an already running instance of notepad. In the "Application Wizard' I have selected the "My application will already be running - I want to attach to an existing instance" option and my settings for the following dialog boxes are as follows. Each line represents a variation I have tried. Enter the window title.... 1. Untitiled* 2. *Notepad 3. Untitled - Notepad Enter the Window Process.... 1. notepad.exe 2. Notepad If not found... Blank Enter Command line.... Blank Restrict to non invasive Tried both checked and unchecked The end goal is to connect BP to an already running instance of Citrix and execute some automation within that window. However, if I cannot even connect to an already running instance of Notepad, I dont see how I can make that happen.
2 REPLIES 2

DHINAGARANASHOK
Level 4
Try to give Window title - Untitled* Process Name - notepad(Without .Exe) This will work 100%.

javier_martinez
Level 2
Hi all, i have a similar issue, with the difference i'm not using citrix, we want to attach an oracle virtualbox window, which is not the main window. i will explain it. i launch oracle virtualbox and the main window is opened, this window have the list of all machines. When i select the a machine to run it, is opened in another window, and i try to attach the new window with app modeler but it returns me an error. i launch the powershell to obtain the window name and it's returned. i put these params: in window name: the name obtained by powershell with command tasklist /v in windows process name: VirtualBox ( without the exe ) in exe path: i don't put anything, because if i fill it, app modeller launch the main window and i can only spy the main window but not the other opened. the error is: Error - Failed to launch application - Could not open target process please, can anybody how i can spy the opened window, or what is wrong in my method? thanks , BR.