cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error - INVALID TOKEN - No matching token found in database

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
I had a process that randomly stopped working when being launched from automatec.exe. It gave the error "Authentication error - INVALID TOKEN - No matching token found in database." I am wondering what that error even means; I cannot make sense of it.

The issue started quite randomly; a previously working process suddenly stopped launching. I could run the process just fine through studio. I'm using Blue Prism version 6.10, connecting through a Blue Prism Server instance. After restarting the Blue Prism Server service, the issue continued, but then it cleared a few minutes later. I did not make any configuration changes, nor did I change the parameters on automatec.exe. 

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on what this error message means, and what might be going wrong. This isn't the first time it has come up, though it does not come up often at the moment. If it continues to pop up randomly though, I'll need to script something to restart BP Server automatically when it happens, which I would rather not have to do.

Here's the full command line operation that I ran. The user and password were the same in both instances. I also tested with more than one user name which had the same error.

c:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\610>automatec.exe /run "Return Intransit Tracking" /resource robotname /user user password /dbconname "BluePrismProd - BPServer"
Authentication error - INVALID TOKEN - No matching token found in database

<< BP Server restarted and waited a few minutes >>

c:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\610>automatec.exe /run "Return Intransit Tracking" /resource robotname /user user password /dbconname "BluePrismProd - BPServer"
Started process:Return Intransit Tracking
Resource:robotname
Actual resource:robotname
Session:4df78537-bd00-4354-9a76-fc5a5d2146c4

------------------------------
Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Nicholas I'd recommend you raise a ticket to see if the Support team recognise that error message.

I'd also examine the resource intended to run the process, the 'robotname' in your example. Is there any chance the name is incorrect, the resource does not exist within the BP environment (ie isn't in the BP database), or has been retired or removed? Could the machine running the command be pointing to a different BP database? Could the BP connection config be not as expected?

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Nicholas I'd recommend you raise a ticket to see if the Support team recognise that error message.

I'd also examine the resource intended to run the process, the 'robotname' in your example. Is there any chance the name is incorrect, the resource does not exist within the BP environment (ie isn't in the BP database), or has been retired or removed? Could the machine running the command be pointing to a different BP database? Could the BP connection config be not as expected?

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

I feel a bit dumb, but you are correct, the issue was in fact that the machine was pointing at the wrong environment. I incorrectly believed this was happening on more than one machine, but after taking another look at logs I realized it was only this one. I think what happened was I thought I had Blue Prism listener running in the background when I opened up the Blue Prism application to debug an issue, which I had connected to a different environment. Apparently when I restarted Blue Prism Server, as I incorrectly believed that error might have been related to it, I had also closed the application on the robot which is what actually resolved the issue. I tested and was able to reproduce the error.

Just a note if anyone happens to come across this post in the future, "Authentication error - INVALID TOKEN - No matching token found in database" means you're targeting a robot that is on the wrong environment. Furthermore, if you see the message "Authentication error - RESTRICTED : username" it means that your target is running the Blue Prism application as opposed to a listener.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

We've all made mistakes like that, it's how we learn! I'm glad it was something simple.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism