cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating Release Export when there are changes made to any business object / process

DONGJINKIM
Level 3
Hi Team, I was wondering if there is anyway to automate xml export of a release file when there are changes made (and saved) to any business object or a process? Theoretically, I should be able to do this using a .bat file where I call AutomateC export whenever there is a change made to the database. However, I would like to know if you have any easier solution. If not, is there anyway to access/export the auto-saved versions of an object/process as an xml file? Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There are no command line options for releases because their import is too complex (requiring lots of options about overwriting/credentials/entering environment variable settings/etc) - all the import wizard options require manual intervention. There are command line options for importing or exporting individual objects and processes - search for command line options within the product help.

Denis, I was wondering if there was anyway to trigger this command line option for importing/exporting at a certain time interval?

DONGJINKIM
Level 3
Hi, just wanted to follow up with my previous reply!

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The command line API is to enable the user control BP via a script, eg a BAT file. There is not BP command line function for adding a pause, but there probably are batch file programming techniques or 3rd party scheduling tools (eg Windows scheduler) to achieve the effect. Thee is no 'export timer' within BP, you'll need to devise an external timer/scheduler.

Hi John,

Do you have example command line or BAT file for export and import package?

------------------------------
NONTHAKORN PRISAROJ
Technical Architect
ZyGen Co., Ltd.
Asia/Bangkok

"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automatec" /dbconname "Default Connection" /sso /export "My Object Name"

"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automatec" /dbconname "Default Connection" /sso /import "BPA Object - Exported_Object.xml" /overwrite

If you are not SSO, replace /sso with  /user <userid> <password>

Tom Maloney
Architect
nBotix, Inc.
America/Chicago

Thank you very much Tom.

NONTHAKORN PRISAROJ
Technical Architect
ZyGen Co., Ltd.