cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Database Admin password lost

GeneKerls
Level 3
I am a new-bee!!  It has been a couple of weeks since I last was able to using the training in BP.  I have BP loaded on my system, but I used the admin account to access the system to produce the results shown in the training.  Now I do not remember the admin password.  Is there anyway to retrieve the password or do I need to delete the DB and create a new one???

Gene

------------------------------
Gene Kerls
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Gene,

if you have something in the old database which is valuable then you need to follow those steps:
1. assumption - you have access to the database and you can modify tables - if this is not true then you are lost ;).
2. create new database instance - this is to get salt and hash for known password (which BP version you use?)
3. go to SQL Management console and in the newly created database with known password go to the table BPAPassword.
4. Copy the content of column salt and hash
5. go to the old database, table BPAPassword and write the content into salt and hash
6. login into your old database with the password which you created for new database.

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

View answer in original post

15 REPLIES 15

VivekGoel
Level 10
For resetting the password of admin user ,
1- you need admin access to the database.
2- You need the original encrypted hash key of the password which only Blue prism may have.

If it were a production instance, I would have suggested you to get in touch with Blue Prism support to get the password reset script. But since it's only a training instance, I would recommend you to recreate the database . This will not only help you to re-do some of the exercises to gain more hands-on but also remind you not to forget the password again :).

Best of luck mate.

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

PetriKaukua
Level 4
Hi,

If you have direct access to the database (with smss or with t-sql), it is possible to inject new password to the database from a different database.

Petri Kaukua
Certified Blue Prism Architect
Digital Workforce
Europe/Helsinki

Gene,

if you have something in the old database which is valuable then you need to follow those steps:
1. assumption - you have access to the database and you can modify tables - if this is not true then you are lost ;).
2. create new database instance - this is to get salt and hash for known password (which BP version you use?)
3. go to SQL Management console and in the newly created database with known password go to the table BPAPassword.
4. Copy the content of column salt and hash
5. go to the old database, table BPAPassword and write the content into salt and hash
6. login into your old database with the password which you created for new database.

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

If you put in salt this 
ezfkI0NkJiIJR8Rubuuf800cxjp7epM7EjYkQIfzUxI=

and hash this 
96u76IApmLmLzatzGnvFzPq2h4noZZCpc+GATM2VUxk=

for admin user then the password will be "a"

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

ParnabSinha_Cho
Level 5
Taking reference from Zdeněk Kabátek I was able to reset the password on the local installation.

1. Install and launch SQL Server Management Studio
2. Enter server name as (LocalDB)/BluePrismLocalDB - This could be found on BluePrism Login Screen - Configure Connection - Database Server
3. Select Windows authentication
4. Once logged in, on the left you will find Databases -> BluePrism
5. In case you don't find a userid with name "admin" but only one userid in BPAPassword table, reset the password for that user. Use the below query to find user
SELECT * FROM [BluePrism].[dbo].[BPAPassword]
6. Create a new query and enter the below SQL update and execute

UPDATE [BluePrism].[dbo].[BPAPassword] SET salt = 'ezfkI0NkJiIJR8Rubuuf800cxjp7epM7EjYkQIfzUxI=',hash = '96u76IApmLmLzatzGnvFzPq2h4noZZCpc+GATM2VUxk=' WHERE userid = 'admin'
7. This will reset the admin password to a

I used BluePrism 6.10 and it worked for me.

Thanks Zdeněk Kabátek for the help

Regards,
Parnab

Parnab Sinha Choudhury
Parnab Sinha Choudhury RPA Developer / Business Analyst

Hello,

I couldn't able to see [BPAPassword] table in blueprism DB? any help?

Divyarani B
ASE
IBM India Pvt Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hi,

I tried the above mentioned steps in local installation of Blueprism 6.10. If you are using an organization version then its better to check with team who supports the platform/application. But in case you are using a local installation and not able to see the BPAPassword, in that case pls check if the DB name is "BluePrism" also you can run the below query to see all tables in the DB, usually the BluePrism related tables are prefixed with BPA. You can search in the list of tables (that will be the first column in the output of below query)

Query to check all tables - SELECT * FROM sys.tables

Hope that helps....

Thanks,
Parnab

Parnab Sinha Choudhury
RPA Developer / Business Analyst

Thank you for your response. 

when i checked my SQL server i see only one server is available i.e. \SQLEXPRESS under this i have Blueprism DB.

earlier i used BP licensed version and now i have downloaded learning edition and i m able to see localDB connect with (LocalDB)/BluePrismLocalDB. But i could not able to connect this server.
Please advise
17286.png

DB Instance.
17287.png

Divyarani B
ASE
IBM India Pvt Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hi,

I checked this step on a newer installation of BP Learning edition and was able to connect without any issue with same parameters. I am doing it on a personal laptop. In case you are using an organization provided workstation, it will be a good idea to check with support team as organization put some restrictions. Else, there are quite a few articles in google if you search by "a network related or instance specific error" where they provide step by step guide on fixing this issue. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Parnab

Parnab Sinha Choudhury
RPA Developer / Business Analyst