cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP SA | Character Matching for cyrillic symbols

DmytroShpin
Level 3
Does BP support character matching for cyrillic symbols? It seems like no, since in System - Fonts I can see only Latin... Is there any way to import them to BP? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

PSSupport
Staff
Staff
My understanding of the fonts read in by Blue Prism is that it is based upon the fonts that are installed on your computer - so if your local is a cyrillic one and your cyrillic fonts are installed I would expect Character Matching to work with them. The thing to watch out for is that the 'Identify Font' button is totally useless 95% of the time - you almost always need to manually recognise the font which can take time.  So if you think Cyrillic fonts don't work with BP based upon 'Identify Font' not working - that could be a red herring..  

DmytroShpin
Level 3
Hi pssupport, Thanks for your reply! I suppose, I'd better test it on other computer rather than mine. I assume that BP itself exctracts only latin characters regardless the fonts you have installed on your machine. Though it's just my theory.