cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP fails to terminate and relaunch Oracle application

IsilKutal_Kilin
Level 2
Hello, I am integrating Blue Prism with an Oracle forms 10g application. I added a recover stage to the main page in process, which should terminate the application, and then relaunch it when faced with an exception. Firstly, I used terminate action, which detaches from the Oracle application. Then, I used login action which launches and attaches to the application again. The problem is that sometimes the process runs smoothly; but sometimes it gets stuck in login action saying that "already attached to the application". The process fails in login stage and can not continue. Actually, it can not terminate the application even though it passes through that stage, and surely since it can not terminate, it fails in login stage. What can be the possible solution for this issue? Thanks for your help, Sincerely, Isil
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Maybe experiement with the timing of what you are doing (give a small bit of time between closing the app and trying to relaunch it). and add some kind of check to ensure Oracle has closed and kill it (using the utility action to kill process) if it somehow continuses torun.

Prasanna_Kumar1
Level 4
Check ISConnected flag before terminate and attach. if you are doing this in Citrix env , make sure that you give enough wait time for BP to kill the application.