cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPServer.ServerService logs missing from Windows event log

MikkoRahikainen
Level 4

I have an interesting issue with BP 7.0.  We have two environments DEV & PROD and both are configured exactly the same. However, in our DEV-environment I am able to see all BPServer.ServerService status messages, ie. see the attached screenshot.

23171.png
However, In our production environment, these BPServer.ServerService events are not recorded. 

When starting BPserver.exe and so that server.exe is running, I am able to see the recorded events:
23172.png

Things that are double checked already:

BPServer.exe configs are exactly the same
Scheduler works as expected in both environments
Blue Prism settings are exactly the same
SeverService has been restarted and server rebooted multiple times

Only BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsDBConnection & BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.MachineConfig-events are recorded. Nothing about BPServer.ServerService.

If there is still some settings to double check that I have not done already, please inform! 

Best Regards, 
-Mikko

------------------------------
Mikko Rahikainen
RPA Manager
S-Group
Europe/Helsinki
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

MikkoRahikainen
Level 4
And this is now resolved. 

Our service account didn't have permission to create event log source. I started the server service once with admin privileges -> source "Blue Prism - Server Service"  was created and now the session logs works as expected.

Mikko Rahikainen
RPA Manager
S-Group
Europe/Helsinki

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EVIPUTI
MVP
Can you once check and confirm from server event logs. If its throwing an error ? Most probably :Service cannot be started. BluePrism.BPCoreLib.InvalidStateException: Connection not valid: Server is unavailable ?

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

MikkoRahikainen
Level 4
And this is now resolved. 

Our service account didn't have permission to create event log source. I started the server service once with admin privileges -> source "Blue Prism - Server Service"  was created and now the session logs works as expected.

Mikko Rahikainen
RPA Manager
S-Group
Europe/Helsinki